AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been eyeing the Sanyo HT32744 4:3 HDTV for a while since it is one of the few 32" HDTV's with tuner available and at a good price ($647 at Wal-Mart). I am confined on size by an entertainment center and decided a 4:3 32 would be best since 16:9 content would be about the same size as a 30" widescreen unit.

I just found Sony has a new line of CRTs and in particular, they have the KD-32FS130 ( http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...tSKU=KD32FS130 ). It has most of the features of the Sanyo (ATSC tuner built in), except the HDMI and Optical out. Sony Style has a deal now where it is $650 with free "Premier in home delivery", where they lug this 160lb beast into your house and hook it up for you.

Has anyone actually seen this unit yet?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanOK
I have been eyeing the Sanyo HT32744 4:3 HDTV for a while since it is one of the few 32" HDTV's with tuner available and at a good price ($647 at Wal-Mart). I am confined on size by an entertainment center and decided a 4:3 32 would be best since 16:9 content would be about the same size as a 30" widescreen unit.

I just found Sony has a new line of CRTs and in particular, they have the KD-32FS130 ( http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...tSKU=KD32FS130 ). It has most of the features of the Sanyo (ATSC tuner built in), except the HDMI and Optical out. Sony Style has a deal now where it is $650 with free "Premier in home delivery", where they lug this 160lb beast into your house and hook it up for you.

Has anyone actually seen this unit yet?
Keep in mind that while this set does include an ATSC tuner, it is still every bit an analog set. It will downscale images from it's ATSC tuner to 480i and will not accept any outside signal above 480i.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed it did not specifically indicate native resolution. I saw one site that sold it which did indicate the 1080i native resolution, but it must have been a mistake ...this is a dealbreaker...I guess the KD-32XS945 is the Sony HD 32" 4:3 unit...$1200 is a bit out of my price range though...

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
The Sony 130 is not an HDTV set it is a "Regular" tv set with an HDTV Tuner in it & the Sanyo is a true HDTV set.

It's just Sony's cheap way of getting around the FCC laws reguarding HDTV's & Tuners.

In AM / FM Stereo Radio terms just think of it as YES it receives AM / FM Radio Stations but the FM Stations are in Monaural not Stereo. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.