AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Yeah, we all like pictures. Atleast I find myself excited to check out someone else's setup and see what I think.

Been in this house for 5 months and already tired of the kids toys in the living room. At our old house we spend 80% of the time in the basement and the little one played while we vegged and played with. Was nice keeping the toys out of sight.

So we decided to finish the basement for the same purpose. Invited the wifes cousin to help plan and wire everything and I went from a 60" TV to this thing called a projector. Awesome! Then he mention surround sound. EVEN BETTER. my little basement finish turned into a neat learning experience. We wired everything for a 92" PJ. Roughly 2 days after he left town, I decided if I switched walls I could go bigger. Bigger is better right? Long story short, I'm in way over my head and burdened him something fierce with questions. He's been a big help but now I come to you all!

Speakers. The room is wired for 5.2. Its layout is a little funky, and I'm audio challenged. I'm certain I could tell the differences in 7. VS 5., but I don't think is worth it for me and my purpose. I've been looking at the Andrew Jones Pioneer stuff on Amazon and its a reasonable price. I believe I would forgo the sub in favor of a SB or PB 1000 (as seems popular), but I'm curious if for the money there is something better.

The room will currently be used for 50% TV 30% gaming and 20% movies. Once the kids grow up, I'll replace the toys with a pool table. To the left of the bathroom door will be a small wet bar. The room is 31' x 15' at its widest with 9' ceilings the majority, and 8' under the soffits. I've thrown in a couple pictures for good measure. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Standing in bathroom doorway looking WEST at screen wall. 

Standing next to breaker panel looking EAST. Bathroom door on Left.

Standing on far South of Screen wall. 

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I would go for something more efficient for your needs and space. I would go with three of these BIC LCR for your front three, they will give you great dynamics and more appropriate in a bigger space than the Pioneers. These speakers would make good surrounds.

Since you look to be in a bigger space, you would probably do well with a pair of subs. The PB-1000 is a great choice, but I would consider a second at some point to give you more even response and increase output some. For a bit more money, you could get a Rythmik LV12R instead which would be better suited in that space.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
The Pioneers speakers with the towers and book shelf speaker will get the job done in your room. As for subwoofer You are making the right decision to look at the SVS PB-1000, though you might want to add another in the future. The Rythmik suggest above is another great subwoofer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts