AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in the market for a new receiver and have come across the Yamaha RXV867 that looks like it came out not long ago. HH Gregg has this on sale in my area for $599 and that is a good $200 cheaper then i have seen it anywhere else. Seems to have alot of good stuff for that price...6 HDMI inputs that are 3D ready, 2 HDMI outs, network capability, etc.

Is anyone using this unit or have any experience with it? Yamaha seems to have a good reputation and this seems to be loaded with features for that price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need some education on the matter, hhgregg is a pretty large chain with stores all over the country, how can they sell so many different yamaha products without being an authorized dealer? I'm saying anyone is wrong by saying they aren't an authorized dealer, but don't understand how they carry all the products. The also carry the 667 and 557 as well.

It still seems this is a great price for this receiver, what are the potential ramifications if I bought from there? Any thoughts on the receiver?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also interested in this receiver. When I saw the price listed by Gator, I did a search of the authorized dealers on Yamaha's website. It shows they are a dealer. I did a search for Yamaha authorized dealers and a link came up. Is this not correct?

Sorry, I do not have authorization to post the link here.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorHBM /forum/post/19533997

I have been in the market for a new receiver and have come across the Yamaha RXV867 that looks like it came out not long ago. HH Gregg has this on sale in my area for $599 and that is a good $200 cheaper then i have seen it anywhere else. Seems to have alot of good stuff for that price...6 HDMI inputs that are 3D ready, 2 HDMI outs, network capability, etc.

Is anyone using this unit or have any experience with it? Yamaha seems to have a good reputation and this seems to be loaded with features for that price.

The RX-V667, RX-V767, RX-V867, RX-A700, and RX-V800 are all "somewhat similar" members of this year's Yamaha mid-priced AVR range, so comments about common features should apply equally to all five models. Note that the RX-A700 and RX-A800 are [at least nominally] custom installer variants of (respectively) the RX-V667 (worldwide) and the RX-V767 (non US) models . . . differing primarily by the inclusion of an RS-232 port and a fifth foot, and with a 3 year warranty. IIRC, the significance of other advertised differences from the 'base' RX-Vx67 model line remains unverified.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
 http://usa.yamaha.com/dealers/

HHGregg is not listed as an authorized dealer. They can sell you an additional warranty but it may cost you as much as buying from one that is authorized when all is said and done. When you get to the above page, type in your zip code, scroll down to authorized internet retailers and you will see who is authorized.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Phantom, I agree with your assessment of the internet dealers but, when I look at retailers under my zip code, HH Gregg comes up as an authorized retailer. Am I missing something? If they are not an authorized retailer, the link does not make sense.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I may be wrong but I have an idea as to why some zip codes show hhgregg being an authorized dealer and some don't is the stores may be new and not showing up with yamaha. For instance the store in my area just opened within the last 12 months, I also noticed the areas that do show up have older stores. They are expanding alot with circuit city going under. I also found an article while searching google to a press release announcing hhgregg as anew audio partner that is dated like 2008. Unless something surfaces that I a missing, I think I feel alright with hhgregg. As the other poster noted, they are a brick and mortar store, not just a web site.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbren79299 /forum/post/19535503

Phantom, I agree with your assessment of the internet dealers but, when I look at retailers under my zip code, HH Gregg comes up as an authorized retailer. Am I missing something? If they are not an authorized retailer, the link does not make sense.

Thanks

If HH Gregg comes up as an authorized dealer in your zip code you should be good to go. When I searched with my zip code they were not listed. I'd say go for it. It seems to be an excellent AVR. Especially at that price. I've always been a huge Yamaha fan with the exception of their lower tier X065 series. Never had a problem with their products. Seems to have everything most users need.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/19535797

If HH Gregg comes up as an authorized dealer in your zip code you should be good to go. When I searched with my zip code they were not listed. I'd say go for it. It seems to be an excellent AVR. Especially at that price. I've always been a huge Yamaha fan with the exception of their lower tier X065 series. Never had a problem with their products. Seems to have everything most users need.

Phantom,

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure that what I saw was correct.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvin /forum/post/19535824

sorry Gator I ment the RX A-800, which is pretty much the 867.

The A700 and A800 do not have the network function that the 867 has, if thats important to you. That feature in the Aventage series starts with A1000 and up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HHgregg is an authorized dealer for yamaha, sony, and onkyo. I know because i work for them. we offer the same warranty as everyone esle. it comes with 24mo parts and labor. we offer a two or three year extened for 89 dollars. which doesnt sound like much but it will cover the shipping during the manufactures time period.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Can't get that code to work. It says "Although you've entered a valid promo code EMCKGHH75, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria."

I have subscribed to the Newsletter.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I called and apparently this offer was a 48hr offer that expired on 3/23.

Talk about bummed. I have finally decided that I want this unit, but do not want to pay the $799 being asked right now...

That deal was too good to pass on...

MW

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.