AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a big Polk fan from way back, I'm considering upgrading my RM6750 set with Polk Monitor 60's / CS1 / PSW10 For about $500 delivered. Seeing as these are no longer in production, its a bit hard to demo. I do like the tsi300/400 / CS10 setup I heard, so I'm assuming similar performance for half the cost. Thoughts?

Amp Denon 2112ci. Room is roughly 10X16.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Yep. You'll find that most people go with the Monitors over the TSi series--the latter was a very minor upgrade over the Monitors. Make sure you are subscribed to Newegg's mailing list to get the best specials on the Monitors.

However, the PSW10 is a waste to go with those speakers. It won't add much to the M60s. Consider the BIC F12 or the Energy S10.3 .

Also, better to get the CS2 over the CS1 center. Better match for those towers.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
The Polk Monitor 50 would be a good choice; they go down to well below 50 Hz, which is just right if you are using a subwoofer. The CS20 is a much better center speaker, so spend a little more there.

The PSW10 is inadequate for a room that size. Don't waste your money on it.

The PSW505 is fair, and the Klipsch SUB-12HG would be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smac61  /t/1420155/thoughts-on-this-3-1-setup#post_22217133

Being a big Polk fan from way back, I'm considering upgrading my RM6750 set with Polk Monitor 60's / CS1 / PSW10 For about $500 delivered. Seeing as these are no longer in production, its a bit hard to demo. I do like the tsi300/400 / CS10 setup I heard, so I'm assuming similar performance for half the cost. Thoughts?

Amp Denon 2112ci. Room is roughly 10X16.

Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman  /t/1420155/thoughts-on-this-3-1-setup#post_22217870

The Polk Monitor 50 would be a good choice; they go down to well below 50 Hz, which is just right if you are using a subwoofer.

The 60's were only about $15 more, which is why I selected them. I am looking to get better music / stereo performance from this upgrade. Does the sub still play with my receiver when its in stereo mode?

Thanks

·
Registered
28,726 Posts

Quote:
Does the sub still play with my receiver when its in stereo mode?

If you set it up correctly it will. The front speakers need to be set to SMALL and the subwoofer play the low frequencies below the crossover setting.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smac61  /t/1420155/thoughts-on-this-3-1-setup#post_22218070

The 60's were only about $15 more, which is why I selected them.

Seems like a no brainer to me for that extra little bit of money, and it will certainly help in performance. The Monitor50s are essentially the bookshelf M40s with a larger enclosure (cabinet). With the 60s, you get that extra driver. No one ever laments and says, "Gee, I wish I had bought the lower model tower in the speaker line with fewer drivers."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well looks like things might have changed. I'm picking up a set of TSi300's for a song and leaning towards an Energy 10.3 sub. Just need to add a center channel speaker, CS10? I know the CS-20 is better but I like the smaller size and wouldn't it match up more nicely with the 300's? Not to mention the cost savings...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts