AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to hear some thoughts on this setup I am thinking of getting, and wanted to see if maybe I should swap some things out.

2 Polk Audio tsi500

Denon 1913 AVR

BIC PL-200

It is mainly for music, and then movies. I'd say 70/30. The room size is large, I don't have exact dimensions but it is a living room / dining room combo and open to the kitchen so it is essentially just all one room, with high ceilings about 10 feet.

I actually would prefer some bookshelf speakers around the same price range as the polk audio towers but I can't find any so far that I've seen that seems to provide some good midrange, unless any of you have suggestions. Am willing to spend a little more if it's really worth it though.

My current setup is a pair of Audioengine A5+ with the Bic F12 sub, I would be selling this to my friend.

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinwNg  /t/1468846/thoughts-on-this-setup#post_23218435

Just wanted to hear some thoughts on this setup I am thinking of getting, and wanted to see if maybe I should swap some things out.

2 Polk Audio tsi500

Denon 1913 AVR

BIC PL-200

It is mainly for music, and then movies. I'd say 70/30. The room size is large, I don't have exact dimensions but it is a living room / dining room combo and open to the kitchen so it is essentially just all one room, with high ceilings about 10 feet.

I actually would prefer some bookshelf speakers around the same price range as the polk audio towers but I can't find any so far that I've seen that seems to provide some good midrange, unless any of you have suggestions. Am willing to spend a little more if it's really worth it though.

My current setup is a pair of Audioengine A5+ with the Bic F12 sub, I would be selling this to my friend.

Ever look at this blind study?

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16343460/New%20Evidence%20that%20High%20School%20and%20College%20Students%20May%20Prefer%20Accurate%20Sound%20Reproduction.key.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.