AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been eyeing the Toshiba 26" 26AV502U as a bedroom set. It'll be a replacement for a 22" CRT. It won't be seeing HT-type usage and for the time being might be hooked into an antenna for OTA HD; otherwise the main source is non-HD cable sans set-top box, through Comcast, and no idea if I can pick up unencrypted QAM since this is my first HDTV purchase.

Has anyone had experience with this set? I haven't found too many comments online or comparisons, and looking at it in-store, it seems to be a decent enough unit. It's at the top of my price range, and I'd rather strike a balance between going over $400, going smaller than 22" (which still leaves me the option of the Samsung 22" 4 series, but I'll lose some size on the 4:3 content), and getting a lower-tier name (Vizio, Insignia, etc.).

· Registered
17 Posts
I recently purchased this set. Just like you, I didn't want a lower-tier brand (returned a 26" westinghouse). I have it connected to direct tv and picture is good (non high def). Non standard definition is okay and playing PS3 looks great. I recommend the set.

· Registered
1,371 Posts
My friend just got this TV for Christmas and I was wondering if you guys had any reccomended calibration settings. I know most people wouldn't actually use a calibrator on this small TV, but even if you can give me the settings you're currently running with, that would be fine. I was over there last night and it didn't look that great and I knew his settings needed some tweaking.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 951 /forum/post/15431652

It has good contrast and colors for a budget tv. The only bad thing is the narrow vertical viewing angle.

I am thinking of getting this set for the kitchen to replace my POS Sceptre...but the Sceptre tilts and I really need a tilting stand due to where the set will be located....anyone?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.