AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies to avsforum.com for "crossing the line". Offered an olive branch, got no reply and over reacted. OK, I'll shut up and listen for awhile to learn why you all are so enamored with 8-VSB transmissions and 8-VSB STBs.

[This message has been edited by Bob Utne (edited 03-22-2001).]

·
Registered
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Utne:
Apologies to avsforum.com for "crossing the line". Offered an olive branch, got no reply and over reacted. OK, I'll shut up and listen for awhile to learn why you all are so enamored with 8-VSB transmissions and 8-VSB STBs.

[This message has been edited by Bob Utne (edited 03-22-2001).]
8-VSB is the standard adopted in this country. This is not the time to try and make another change.

In Denver, we can not even get a local county to approve a digital tower.

------------------

Hot

·
Registered
276 Posts
Let me help you out here. There is no sense of "enamorment". 8-VSB is THE STANDARD, of that there is no question. That said, we all have great experience with 8-VSB. We've been through multiple generations of set top boxes. EVERY ONE OF US with an HDTV uses 8-VSB. That said, its what we know, it's what we use, it is what we will continue using as each new generation of set top boxes comes along. Your argument is repetative, defunct, and more than that it's blatently false. So, get over it and GO HOME, PLEASE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.