AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's become clear that my local CBS affiliate is preempting every single episode of VM that *should* be on. Tonight (8/12) is no different. I have sent numerous messages, no responses.

Please post your CBS affiliate, city/area, yes or no regarding showing Veronica Mars, and then if yes, yes or no regarding HD.

KIRO-DT

Seattle, Wa

NO showings of VM

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks TommyK

I will update the first post with a list of affiliates preempting and/or not showing HD if the list grows.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
But then why should a station air a competing station's show? The station owners don't care that CBS and UPN are owned by Viacom.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scowl, please stay on topic, I don't want this thread a debate. It is simply a database. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawn
Scowl, please stay on topic, I don't want this thread a debate. It is simply a database. Thank you.
Scowl is on topic, you claim the preemptions are shameful in the thread title. Scowl merely pointed out why it is not unreasonable for stations to balk at promoting the competition.

·
Registered
229 Posts
WANE-TV/DT

Fort Wayne, IN

Yes

Yes

WSBT-TV/DT

South Bend, IN

Yes (except for tonight; they're showing Da Bears vs. the Rams; the primetime schedule is being shifted to after late night, no idea about HD yet)

Yes

(Both stations air UPN on DTV and cable, so preempting wouldn't make much sense.)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
WBBM-DT

Chicago, IL

Yes/Yes

Although during the first week it was on the two episodes were in SD. Last week and this week's episodes were in HD.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawn
Fine, so start a thread about that. This is just to see who's doing what. Thanks.
If you want to avoid controversy, tone down the thread titles.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
WWMT

Grand Rapids, MI

Yes

Yes (last week anyway)

Our UPN is a low power pretty much on cable only thing owned by the local NBC station. It is on DirecTV though which is suprising.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.