AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28,801 Posts
Most quality shows on TV, provided they're produced in HD, are discussed on the HDTV Programming Forum. Anything else is exiled here in the AVS boondocks. It's kind of silly really, IMO, but the HD purists in the moderator group won't have it any other way.

·
Banned
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy /forum/post/14183570

Most quality shows on TV, provided they're produced in HD, are discussed on the HDTV Programming Forum. Anything else is exiled here in the AVS boondocks. It's kind of silly really, IMO, but the HD purists in the moderator group won't have it any other way.

Actually I'm referring to two threads that of this posting are in the top-ten most recently added/modified/viewed threads in this forum. One has to do with dancing and the other with a show on Sci-Fi.

I just thought this was a forum for discussing technologies/issues related to Cable & cable equipment.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
This forum can be for TV shows, but the majority of the popular ones discussed are usually on an HD channel, so they're in the HDTV forum. Not many shows are talked about here.

·
Banned
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa /forum/post/14184044

Not many shows are talked about here.

And that's a good thing - it breaks up the continuum of technical discussions particularly for newbies/greenies who may just want help rebooting their set-top box or optimizing the connection between the box and their TV, or determining their options if they are currently OTA and don't know what to do after Feb 2009.

What happened to Lauren Conrad's friends or who stole her 4" diamond-studded heels belongs in a forum for that type of discussion. I will head there too if I have a programming content comment about my favorite shows.

·
Registered
22,833 Posts
Why is this thread in this forum? Why is it still open? It's not a "good thing" IMO.

·
Banned
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman /forum/post/14184606

Why is this thread in this forum? Why is it still open? It's not a "good thing" IMO.

Because if you would look you would notice that there is an increase in the amount of discussions of TV shows themselves in this forum. "Charlie Jade on Sci-Fi..", "America's Got Talent", "You must remember this".

There is a place to discuss shows/movies somewhere else in AVS Forums. Cable Digital Non HD is a technical forum for the discussion of the technology or issues people are having.

I've posted things in incorrect forums before, and learned, and I'm sure you and others have, too.

Read my PM.

·
Registered
22,833 Posts
I read your PM and your opening post. Continue the discussion where it belongs. Your acknowledgement that this is a forum for technology is correct. We learn something new every day.

·
Registered
28,801 Posts
The reason SD TV shows are discussed here is because there is no other forum on AVS for those discussions, in spite of D-6500's strange insistence to the contrary. Perhaps he should consult the forum directory and see if he can find one.

As stated above, only HD shows are discussed in the HDTV Programming Forum. This Forum is the default location for any other television show that anyone wants to discuss; and that's AVS policy like it or not. Since there are typically only one or two such threads active at any given time, it's hard to understand how someone would find their search for technical info hindered or "the continuum of technical discussions" disrupted (huh?). Here's an idea: just skip over the threads you're not interested in, and since there are only two of those, it shouldn't be that great a hardship. Let's all try to buck up here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts