AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'm probably setting myself up for a flamin' but...

I would love to hear more about the final results obtained from the threads here. For example those who ask questions regarding speaker choice etc. let us know what you decided and how everything turned out. What did you like what didn't you like.

The reason so many of us post here (besides getting our own questions answered) is that we like to help people out with their questions. I am often curious about what different posters have finally descided and whether or not my advise was helpful.

Please post your final decisions and thoughts...and perhaps another follow up a week later to let us know how everything is breaking in.

Thank you

Let the flames begin...

·
Registered
940 Posts
No flames here, actually I agree 110%! Getting some feedback is great. You don't have to be an expert to answer a question, and you don't have to be Ms. Manners to know that a "Thank You" or a "Here's What I Decided" post will go a long whay toward keeping things moving along smoothly, and let people know that you are greatfull for their advice. Even if you don't use it.

I recently answered some basic questions from a member over at the HTF, and was rewarded with my name in lights! Check out the fourth paragraph at the HT site below:

http://www.rocketscienceperformance....ometheater.htm

Now thats what I call a THANK YOU!!

·
Registered
22,155 Posts
I love it when you get PM'ed, give info/help and never a response!

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
I think you guys are right on the money. I'm afraid that as any membership grows, it reflects a cross section of our less civilized society. Meaning less manners and graditude.

I see more and more threads from folks, who want the faithful membership to do all the research for them. When you challenge them to use the search feature and come back with specific questions.....they seem to disappear-never to be heard from in their original thread. I'm afraid these are the same or similar folks that don't appreciate you taking the time and effort to answer their questions. As unrealistic as this would be....I wish you had to run a search first before being allowed to post a new thread. I'm afraid that isn't very practical or user friendly.

Ron

·
Registered
940 Posts
Ron,

FYI
WWW.DIYAUDIO.COM uses v2.2.6 of vBulletin and they require a search prior to posting a new thread. You guy's should be able to turn this feature on since you are using the newer 2.2.8 version. It would cut down on the "What's the Best....?" threads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.