AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am very suprised to not see this show mentioned in this forum at all! It's new to TV this year and so maybe people aren't really interested in it, but I was knocked off my seat by the quality of this show!!

I just got a MyHD card and was demoing some HD this week and came across this show on Thursday nights. It was absolutely amazing! The picture was crystal clear, the colors were absolutely stunning and the DD5.1 was truly mixed like a movie, ambient sounds and panning sounds coming out of the rear speakers! I was truly impressed. This is what I would think that HD really needs to become. Check on this show on Thursday nights if you haven't yet, it's well worth it.

(Sorry if it's got a terrible plot, I was a little in awe of the picture and sound, but it seemed like it was a real strong show! Give me your opinions!)

|..frizzo..|

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If that was the episode shown 3 days ago then that's the one I saw. Maybe I didn't see the pilot. I am going to setup MyHD to capture this week and see if I feel any differently about it. I thought it was pretty sweet, I will have to take a deeper look at the plot. Still, it is very fun to watch HD finally!!

|..frizzo..|

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
but surely that wastheir only intent scheduling this great HDshow on the one night that pretty much every married man in America either watches Friends and the other shows or goes to his room and relinquishes the set to his wife.

That sounded interesting until you answered your own question with saying it is on Thursday night.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, yeah, it seems like I would be single, but definitely have a wife. She just happened to be out and about that night! :) Luckily she isn't super attached to anything Thursday nights! (Only Gilmore Girls and Everwood) So I may be in the clear (or at least have the opportunity to record it)

|..frizzo..|

·
Registered
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ROBERT HUNZEKER
Watched the pilot and then went back to MI-5 on A&E, much better show IMHO.
MI-5 rocks! I wish it was in HD...

As for Threat Matrix, I watched both episodes so far, and while the HD picture is outstanding, I have to agree with most people here - the content is pretty weak and it won't be around long.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NetworkTV
Two words to describe the future of Threat Matrix: Midseason Replacement.
You think this stinker will last that long.:(

·
Registered
17,673 Posts
I'm trying to be open-minded :D. With the future of 8 Simple Rules in doubt, I don't know if ABC can afford to possibly lose another show before mid season. Don't forget, there's still Karen Sisco to premiere, and that one looks a bit shady in the longevity department. The first episode of 10-8 left it as an unknown: will it be primarily a comedy, action show or drama? It had some good parts, but seemed to get too touchy-feely in spots to fit with the comic moments. Maybe it has a future if they lean toward the Lethal Weapon formula: a missmatched duo, lot's of one-liners and a hefty dose of action. Time will tell.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This was the first HDTV show that the content was just so annoying that I couldn't bear it enough watch the great picture. And some of those demo-reel repeats were getting pretty close! :)

It's a new era -- a dozen HDTV channels and nothing but crap on.

/kidding!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.