AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently, I've died and gone to heaven.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"I was thinking later, you could kiss me on the veranda."

"Lips would be fine."

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
One scene always stood out too me...

the 'music video'.

The fake set w/the sun setting...

should be pretty pretty in HD.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike171979 /forum/post/20786630

Lets hope the sons of a motherless goat that butchered the DVD release won't be touching the Bluray!!!!!

I'm guessing the same source.

(repeat: "guessing")

[well, since this title was shown no luv in 2001 w/a beat up element & non-anamorphic transfer... it's a really good guess!!!
]

Ned Nederlander: Tell us we will die like dogs.

El Guapo: Eh?

Ned Nederlander: Tell us we will die like dogs.

El Guapo: You WILL die like dogs.

Bartender: We don't have beer. Just tequila.

Ned Nederlander: What's tequila?

Bartender: Uh, it's like beer.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
LOL

Lucky Day: Reading telegram: "Three Amigos, Hollywood, California. You are very great. 100,000 pesos. Come to Santa Poco put on show, stop. The In-famous El Guapo."

Dusty Bottoms: What does that mean, in-famous?

Ned Nederlander: Oh, Dusty. In-famous is when you're MORE than famous. This man El Guapo, he's not just famous, he's IN-famous.

Lucky Day: 100,000 pesos to perform with this El Guapo, who's probably the biggest actor to come out of Mexico!

Dusty Bottoms: Wow, in-famous? In-famous?

Please be a new transfer, please be a new transfer, please be a new transfer, please be a new transfer, please be a new transfer, please be a new transfer, please be a new transfer, please be a new transfer, please be a new transfer!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Some interesting stuff has been posted in the blu-ray.com thread:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-mov...ee-amigos.html

"According to the John Landis/Joe Dante owned Trailers From Hell site:

Quote:

John Landis

(whose Trailers from Hell blooper reel was a smash hit at the recent Trailers from Hell LIVE! event) has just finished supervising the Blu-ray remaster of Three Amigos! "And it looks GORGEOUS, like old three strip Technicolor!" It'll be out from HBO Home Entertainment later this year."

"I was talking to my friend George Folsey who produced this and he said they had found a print with extra footage, and they were going in to work on the Blu Ray. So maybe it will be the extended version. Let me see if I can find out more info!"

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
There was a bit in Empire about this recently, and Landis talked about the BD remaster a little, as well as the stuff which was cut out. Looking forward to this!!

·
Banned
567 Posts
I must have seen a different Three Amigos because the one I saw was completely unfunny and terrible. Most critics that I read back then agreed, and so did audiences, as the film lost money.

But let me guess - everyone who thinks this is the bee's knees grew up in the 80s and saw this as youngsters? That seems to be the case when any good, bad, or ugly 80s film comes out - whatever the film, whatever it's badness quotient, it's treated as a classic by those who saw it when they were young

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by haineshisway /forum/post/20789574

I must have seen a different Three Amigos because the one I saw was completely unfunny and terrible. Most critics that I read back then agreed, and so did audiences, as the film lost money.

But let me guess - everyone who thinks this is the bee's knees grew up in the 80s and saw this as youngsters? That seems to be the case when any good, bad, or ugly 80s film comes out - whatever the film, whatever it's badness quotient, it's treated as a classic by those who saw it when they were young

Lucky Day has something to say to you and your movie critcs:

"You slime eating dogs! You scum sucking pigs! You sons of a motherless goat!"

"You WILL die like dogs"

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"Do you have anything here besides Mexican food?"

·
Registered
Yamaha TSR700 (Bose 301II’s), DirecTV 4K, Apple TV 4K, Philips 4K BDP, LG 75” Nanocell
572 Posts
I hope it's better than what ran on HDNet movies. You can see the opening credits shaking.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ned Nederlander: I think it's a male plane.

Dusty Bottoms: How can you tell?

Ned Nederlander: Didn't you notice its little balls?

Sew very old one...sew like the wind! YES!!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
"Can I have your watch when you are dead?"

1 - 20 of 41 Posts