AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

*** Price lowered to $4500 for all three. Buyer pays shipping and paypal fees if applicable. Price is FIRM, as these are basically new and new price is $7500. This will be an incredible deal for the right person! ***

I am selling three JTR Noesis 212HT speakers in rosewood/walnut veneer ($200 upgrade per speaker). Note that the color is much closer to the second to bottom picture with all three side-by-side than the other pictures (taken with cell phone). These speakers are special with their 101 dB sensitivity and expensive BMS compression driver mated to a pair of quick and powerful custom 12" woofers. Cabinet construction is 1" thick baltic birch, well-braced and resonance free, for a total weight of 126 lb. per speaker. The Noesis 212 HT are the best speakers I've owned to date, outperforming both GR Research LS6 and Legacy Focus SE overall in my opinion. Here is a discussion about them here on Audiogon: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1357880329&openflup&2&4#2, or search AVS Forum for lots of detailed comments and reviews at speaker shootouts and GTG. They have a neutral tonal balance, excellent resolution and imaging, and are extremely clean and dynamic without any harshness whether you play them quietly or ridiculously loud. See attached screen capture of frequency response and distortion level measured with REW at ~1.5 m on axis. The only caveat is they need a subwoofer below 80 Hz, so they are not full range. Condition is flawless, as when I first received them five months ago. Save $700 and get a set that has been broken in by a responsible and meticulous audio enthusiast, but with very low mileage. Selling in order to compromise and have a smaller two-channel system that doesn't "dominate" the living room, and to raise money for other family expenses.

Email or call (805-259-7262) me to discuss price and shipping, which can be done via FedEx Ground to a business address at a reasonable price. I have all original packaging, so you can be confident that they will arrive safely. Buy with confidence from an experienced Audiogon member since 2009 with perfect feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
With all due respect, I never understand why people pick the Rosewood finish. I like the color - but not for speakers. You've just effectively eliminated over 70% of your potential buyers. Why not just pick black and be done with it?

If they were black, I'd have sent you a payment by now.

Good luck with the sale. That's a great deal for someone.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With all due respect, I never understand why people pick the Rosewood finish. I like the color - but not for speakers. You've just effectively eliminated over 70% of your potential buyers. Why not just pick black and be done with it?

Personal preference, of course :). The rosewood is quite dark and is more of a walnut/rosewood blend.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How'd these compare to the LS6's and how did they outperform them?
The LS6's treble was inconsistent from recording to recording. They sounded amazing with some recordings, overly bright and harsh on others, recessed and lacking air on still others, ... Soundstage with the LS6's was huge laterally, but imaging was exaggerated and "larger than life". I enjoyed them for awhile, but couldn't live with them long term. I would say the JTR's are more accurate, both tonally and in terms of imaging.

·
Registered
28 Posts
mjbuoni is a seller you can trust. I purchased his 2009 legacy focus se early this year and made a couple trips to his home. I still have the legacy's although I'm currently running jtr 212' LRC, 228 surrounds now. He takes great care of his equipment & represents accurately it's condition. The 212's will not disappoint!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mjbuoni is a seller you can trust. I purchased his 2009 legacy focus se early this year and made a couple trips to his home. I still have the legacy's although I'm currently running jtr 212' LRC, 228 surrounds now. He takes great care of his equipment & represents accurately it's condition. The 212's will not disappoint!!
Thanks John! I appreciate the recommendation and happy to hear the Legacies still have a good home :).

·
Registered
5,397 Posts

Source?

How'd these compare to the LS6's and how did they outperform them?
Having the heard the Noesis (near their limits) and the LS6 (at their limits - full range), I can safely say that you could scoop up 4 more sealed LMS-U's and the Noesis would still overpower your bass!

Dude, you've been looking for a reason to upgrade for a while now...admit it. $1,800 per speaker is a pretty good deal man! WAF approved in your case too.
:D

·
Registered
10,448 Posts

To each his own of course, but for me I would LOVE to have that finish even if it doesn't match all the other black stuff in my room. :)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Source?

Having the heard the Noesis (near their limits) and the LS6 (at their limits - full range), I can safely say that you could scoop up 4 more sealed LMS-U's and the Noesis would still overpower your bass!

Dude, you've been looking for a reason to upgrade for a while now...admit it. $1,800 per speaker is a pretty good deal man! WAF approved in your case too.
:D
If I consistently listened at the levels some of you crazy bastards do, then I would have made the switch a long time ago. But at -5 to -10 levels the LS6 sound just fine to me. :kiss:

With that being said I do have a 2nd setup I could stick these in. HHMMMM........

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
To each his own of course, but for me I would LOVE to have that finish even if it doesn't match all the other black stuff in my room. :)
Really? I would not take you for that finish Carp. No offense to the owner, but I do not like that finish on the 212's or any JTR equipment. I like it all in black. I think the guys name is RyanBoston? I cannot remember if that is it, but he got a pair of 228's in vennered black Oak and they looked really nice. I should have had my 212's in that.

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
Really? I would not take you for that finish Carp. No offense to the owner, but I do not like that finish on the 212's or any JTR equipment. I like it all in black. I think the guys name is RyanBoston? I cannot remember if that is it, but he got a pair of 228's in vennered black Oak and they looked really nice. I should have had my 212's in that.
The one thing I liked about my Axioms I had years ago was the rosewood finish. As for their sound... not so much.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
If I was the owner I would be offended.

It's not the color of the speaker, it's the crossover that matters.

Aren't they all the same color on the inside?

Speaker racism...horrible.
^^^^^^Yeah...what he said. He has new white Bose speakers so he knows what he is talking about!!!!!

·
Registered
498 Posts

Completely disagree with the above statement. Huge fan of the Rosewood finish - I had "Rosenut" Paradigm Studio speakers for my front 3, and they looked amazing. All of my other components were black, and they did not look out of place. Good luck with the sale, nice looking speakers! I now have JTR t8ht-lp's and love them, although I "downgraded" to black.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Completely disagree with the above statement. Huge fan of the Rosewood finish - I had "Rosenut" Paradigm Studio speakers for my front 3, and they looked amazing. All of my other components were black, and they did not look out of place. Good luck with the sale, nice looking speakers! I now have JTR t8ht-lp's and love them, although I "downgraded" to black.
I am replacing my Paradigm studio fronts with triple 12ht lp's that are currently being built. Did you notice a big difference? I'm wondering how much is lost with sealed vs vented. I think just a little low end.

Good luck on. I love the finish on those beauties.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts