AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. When auto-scanning my media collection, XBMC made a few mistakes. It identified some of my movies and TV shows incorrectly. Where does the Linux version of XBMC store scraped metadata? I'd like to delete the incorrect nfo files and manually re-add those movies / shows.

2. XBMC has crashed on me a couple times, and I couldn't close the program window. How do you force a program to close in Linux (the equivalent of ctrl-alt-del)? I'm using Ubuntu-jaunty if it makes a difference.

3. How do you get XBMC to always start in full-screen mode?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
1. I'm bo no means an XBMC expert, but I think by default in:

~/.xbmc/userdata/Database/

On my machine there is a .db (SQLite) file for videos and music. I usually just delete the wrong info in the frontend and then correct it.

2. There are a number of ways. You could try alt-f2 and then type in xkill and then point to the window you want to kill. You could open up htop (not installed by default) from a terminal or gnome-system-monitor (if you are using gnome) and kill processes that way. You could also use the "ps" and "kill" commands from a terminal. You may need to read up on those if you aren't familiar with them.

Code:
Code:
xbmc -fs

·
Registered
32 Posts

Quote:
2. XBMC has crashed on me a couple times, and I couldn't close the program window. How do you force a program to close in Linux (the equivalent of ctrl-alt-del)? I'm using Ubuntu-jaunty if it makes a difference.

I open a terminal:

Code:
Code:
ps -ax | grep xbmc 
kill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts