AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Wow, the 70V is actually a VHS-Blu-ray dual deck with upconversion!

Never thought I'd see that. HDD/BD yes, VHS/BD no.

The BD60/80 seem to have the same split as the 35/55.

BD60 is likely "real" BDLive with onboard memory and slim chassis.

BD80 adds 7.1 analog and improved audio componentry.

·
Registered
17,284 Posts
From the Panasonic Press realese :

"VIERA CAST technology, introduced in Panasonic’s PZ850 2008 VIERA Plasma, is now available in Panasonic’s 2009 Blu-ray players. The internet enabled technology lets the consumer access the internet without the need of either an external box or a PC and enjoy the entertainment value provided by such targeted sites as Amazon VOD, with an extensive library of streamed titles, YouTube™, Google’s Picasa™ Web Album , Bloomberg and a weather channel. The DMP-BD60, DMP-BD80 and DMP-BD70V include an SD Memory card slot and USB slot, making it easy for the consumer to view and share both digital still images and HD video recorded with an HD camcorder in the AVCHD format." [emphasis mine]

Do they mean we can upload HD camcorder footage/ still images to the internet or swap files with other owners? That sounds cool.

·
Registered
17,284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by comixguru /forum/post/15492506

There's actually at least one more Blu-ray player from Panasonic -- a portable model.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/07/h...player-at-ces/

-comix

It is the one I plan on getting as my home deck since it functions perfectly well as such with its HDMI output and wireless remote control. We have a thread on it here.

There's no reason high quality home A/V equipment has to be 17 inches wide anymore; LP turntables and even 5 disk CD players are both passé.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal87 /forum/post/15492443

VHS?

No, really, VHS????

Sure looks like a VHS slot on the front in that pic on link...

Wouldn't that make this player the first blu-ray/dvd/vhs device?

·
Registered
291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickering Hound /forum/post/15492904

Sure looks like a VHS slot on the front in that pic on link...

Wouldn't that make this player the first blu-ray/dvd/vhs device?

And to think I sold all my VHS tapes at a garage sale last summer. . . Man.

Hmmm, while that doesn't interest me the other two might.....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hello Forum....when is the launch date? How will it/they compare to OPPO?

I am waiting, waiting, waiting......aaaarrrggghhhh

·
Registered
17,284 Posts
I'm confident the OPPO wont play VHS, so I think we have the answer right there.
[joke]

·
Registered
882 Posts
Lol, just a few days ago I was thinking of how funny it would be to have a BD/VHS combo, but I thought there would be no chance in hell since they last VHS plant supposedly closed last year, and you know, VHS has no place in a HD set-up IMO.

Anywya I wonder what the prices for these thigns are gonna be, and how much better they will be than last years models. I guess we all will find out soon enough.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Do you think the BD60/80's are already in production or have been for a while. Some rumor that its going to be released end of Feb/March. No way that panasonic has nothing available for a few months while other companies take there sales.

What do you think?

·
Registered
63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanR /forum/post/15495919

Do you think the BD60/80's are already in production or have been for a while. Some rumor that its going to be released end of Feb/March. No way that panasonic has nothing available for a few months while other companies take there sales.

What do you think?

That would make sense since the supply of the BD-35 has seemed to dry up in the last week or so. We may be looking at pretty early availability on these, but I have no idea.

·
Registered
437 Posts
So I don't see much of an upgrade at all between these new players and the 35/55. Streaming from Amazon? I was hoping for Netflix. Looks like I'll definitely get the Pio bdp-320 now.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
1 - 20 of 402 Posts