AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building my first home theater centered around a Panasonic 42" EDTV plasma and a Panasonic CP-72 DVD changer. In trying to come up with a good entry level audio system that will won't hurt the wallet much after my plasma splurge! My options after personal research are:

1) The Onkyo S760 HTIB - I'm a bit put off by the huge size of it all, but lots of rave reviews on it.

2) The Panasonic SC-HT425D, which includes the SA-XR25 receiver. I LOVE the size of the thing, it's like 1/4 the size of the S760 all around, but it has a fan in the back which might bug me. I love the size and look of the speakers and sub, but am concerned the satellites may not keep up with the big Onkyo speakers. Can't listen to this system in my area. CC only has it on display, not connected. After a rebate I can get it for the same price as the Onkyo, and sell the inferior F85K DVD changer.

3) The Panasonic SA-XR45 receiver, and "some other 6.1 speaker kit". The receiver seems very nice, but as a newbie I'm quite concerned on properly matching speakers to it. Plus, after buying it, my 6.1 speaker budget would only be about $200.

Keep in mind the best audio system I have in my apartment at the moment is my JVC FS-7000 executive stereo! Thanks for any advice!!!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.