AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Humble my @$$! Very nice setup, be proud man. Lots of people out there would love just to have one of those rooms.

·
Registered
470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by overwilhelmed /forum/post/19605996

Humble my @$$! Very nice setup, be proud man. Lots of people out there would love just to have one of those rooms.

I was thinking the exact same thing
....there's nothing humble about your setup
. Congratulations....and you're right Paradigm kicks @ss!!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man am i lucky, one of my xbr4 seems to be dying, when i turn it on it goes all blury on the left side of the screen for about 10 mins then the picture goes back to crystal clear. Thank god for avs forum as i was reading one of the threads and found out that sony extended the warranty on the panel of this tv as it is a very common problem. Called sony and now im getting a new panel free of charge in a week
not bad for a 2 year old tv that will be new soon . Thank you all for the kind words my next update will be in a few months when i get this apartment sold and i move into a house.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The fact that you call that small and humble makes me sad. I love the way paradigm speakers look. Especially that large studio center. Maybe someday my setup can be small and humble......

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by al2fast /forum/post/19606562

Very Nice, I'll trade you bedroom tv's! We have a 32" Polaroid
Whaddya mean no? It's LCD!

PS3 in your bedroom and in your living room? How you swap saved game files between them?

i only use one of them for video games ohh and i only play one game , call of duty moder warefare the other 2 are used for bluray or music, i figured its better to get a ps3 rather than a stand alone bluray player, and i didnt really want to spend the big bucks on a oppo which i see on here all the time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencorn /forum/post/19607521

The fact that you call that small and humble makes me sad. I love the way paradigm speakers look. Especially that large studio center. Maybe someday my setup can be small and humble......

no kids, i do not drink or smoke or spend money on clubs like many people my age do which helped me save up to buy a lot of things. The way i figured was i could spend hundreds on going out or save up and spend it on other things that i would use and enjoy regularly.

·
Registered
383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_2_9 /forum/post/19751136

no kids, i do not drink or smoke or spend money on clubs like many people my age do which helped me save up to buy a lot of things. The way i figured was i could spend hundreds on going out or save up and spend it on other things that i would use and enjoy regularly.

My kind of guy, I share your attitude on the matter

·
Registered
224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster-s /forum/post/19751258

My kind of guy, I share your attitude on the matter

I agree. I said the same thing when I was in college which allowed me to get into this hobby. I had friends who would spend 2-300 a week at the bars and then they would ask me how I could afford all the computer equipment and stereo equipment I had.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Nicely done. Paradigm makes some gorgeous speakers. You should be proud of what you've accomplished at such a young age. I wasn't much older than you when I got my first Klipsch setup. I really agree too, better to spend money on something you can enjoy for a lot longer than a night. I've always been one to want to get something tangible for my dollar. Spending on vacations with someone you want to be with is different. Spending to go out for the weekend and drink your ass off has never been a value proposition in my opinion. I'm right there with ya.

Keep us updated!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 /forum/post/19752027

Nicely done. Paradigm makes some gorgeous speakers. You should be proud of what you've accomplished at such a young age. I wasn't much older than you when I got my first Klipsch setup. I really agree too, better to spend money on something you can enjoy for a lot longer than a night. I've always been one to want to get something tangible for my dollar. Spending on vacations with someone you want to be with is different. Spending to go out for the weekend and drink your ass off has never been a value proposition in my opinion. I'm right there with ya.

Keep us updated!

i totally agree , travelling is the only time in which i am willing to waste money, although it really sucks when you get back to reality. Just got back from mexico and it sucked a lot didn't want to come back , selling my equipment crossed my mind just to stay there a bit longer. Glad i didn't. I had klipsh before the paradigms since i got them for more than 70% off retail i bought 4 rf82 and sold them. They are great speakers, but too big for my apartment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts