AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting a SpyderTV Pro setup which has an additional feature over the non-pro version in that it can measure and adjust RGB Cuts and Gains. I went into my Toshiba 50HP16 (plasma) Service Menu to see if it allows me the option to change RGB cuts and gains and what I found is a bit confusing. I see the following in relation to my component input(s):

R/G/B Drive(N)

R/G/B Cutoff(N)

R/G/B Drive(C)

R/G/B Cutoff(C)

R/G/B Drive(W)

R/G/B Cutoff(W)

I'm fairly certain that drive=gain and cutoff=cut but will somebody please inform me what the 'N', 'C' and 'W' signify? Bonus points if you can tell me if SpyderTV Pro can adjust each of these pairs or just one (perhaps even none.)

*Note that there are actually 18 individual settings I just combined the same R/G/B for easier reading. Also my VGA input only gives me the R/G/B Drive(N) setting,not even Cutoff(N). I'm not sure what the significance of that is. Thanks

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Who knows, but my guess is that they are either for different resolutions or different inputs. Just experiment with it and you should be able to tell. Write down the defaults before making any changes.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have mentioned that the service menu is input-dependent so I'm fairly certain is not for different inputs. Resoultion is a posiblity but my gut says this isn't it either. If the answer still remains a mystery in the next few days then I'll be forced to do trial and error testing but I'd rather not resort to that just yet. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Cool Normal ... warm color temps

Regards

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats got it be it, thanks a ton! That also explains why the VGA input only had the Normal Cuts and Gains.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts