AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAD A CHRISTMAS PARTY tonight and I brought the plv70. threw it 25 feet on a peaching colored wall. created a 14ft. by 8ft. picture. roughly a 200 in D. used component for the x-box and s for the dvd player. Used a old 2108 toshiba player, no progressive.

With my normal setup at home I achieve 8ft. by 4.5ft. and use image one with the collective settings from this forum. throwing the plv at 25ft. I threw image 1 settings right out the window and used standard. The image didn't seem washed out at all lke the throw at home at 16ft. the color was still there. I increased both contrast and brightness a tad. I tell you what the image was not lost at all being twice as big. the high lumens give so much flexablity for larger images.

Living in a townhouse I want to ask my neighbor if I could knock down his concrete wall in the basement so I can get a 25 ft. throw. Well I guess that his a little extreme. I have to live with the small image at home guess.:)

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Please crush your projector under heavy machinery, then give us the details.

Thank you. We are anxiously awaiting.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did throw it 25 feet and it work like a charm, like a german tank.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Thanks for the report, Larry, and I was HOPING you didn't throw it out the window! :)

Another AMAZING report from our beautiful projector! So- what did the folks at the party think, hmmmm?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
That will give you one giant Hobit

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
See, here is another detrimental artifact: Big Hobits. They are supposed to be small, and this projector obviously has a tendency to make them too big. Someone call the manufacturer and complain.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dawn

they thought it was a great picture for the size. Like at the movies, but better.:D

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I haven't been to the movies in awhile. Of course, I'll be there at 11:59 PM on Tuesday night!

Big Hobbits, hmmm, and to think of all the work they did to make them look small!

I throw ours 18 feet every time we turn it on! Nothing has broken yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.