AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
This is my first post here after reading much.
I propose to mount the mast for my tv antenna through my tin room, sealed with a dektite. Inside the roof space is a suitable strong mount close to the point of entry to minimise flexure at the entry point. I intend to pass the coax through the inside of the mast so only one penetration is required. The mast is about 3m long and used to be on the chimney. On top of the mast, above the tv antenna, I intend to mount a gps timing antenna and pass its coax through the mast aswell. I was going to bond the mast to the tin roof with a cu braid to offer a path for static charge disipation.
Can anyone see any problems with this? Any advice? Lightning in my area is not very common - and a direct strike is going to cause greif no matter what I do so I wasn't too concerned until I started reading here.
I haven't noticied any grounding on antennas here in Australia-most are mounted on chimneys or facias.

Thanks for your advice

Tim

·
Registered
16 Posts
digging up an old thread here, but we here in adelaide as part of air-stream we use either non-penetrating roof mounts or 48mm OD poles with fencing brackets mounted the joists, and dektite on the roof to seal.
if you have tiles then you can get tile replacements also from dektite

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.