AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Projector Central website.... within the projection calculator they seem to always list a measured range to match up to a particular diagonal size.

Lets say for example...using the Sony HS10....which I assume will be the same for the HS20.....the range for a 86-inch 16x9 screen is 10.5 feet thru 13.3 feet.

What are the benefits of being smack dab in the middle of the range ?

Would someone with 10.5 feet of throw distance be able to show a good picture at an 86-inch 16x9 diagonal....even though he is at the low end of the range ?

Must this person pick a smaller screen ?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Theories abound.

Why not try a little practice?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well, the longer the throw the more direct the angle of light is at the edges of the screen. I suspect that is important for the viewing cone (if you have a gained screen).

But then again, small theaters/rooms sometimes want the biggest picture possible, so they need short throw settings

Just my $0.02 ;^)

-Andrew

·
Registered
464 Posts
Someone else put forth the thought that the more wide open the lens is the more light that passes through the lens. I was just wondering about that. I am thinking I would like to be to the closer end of the zoom out. I will never have the need to zoom out more because the screen will be maxed out but could always go smaller.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.