AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing an Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 6030UB in my sister's house. The room is pretty dark with some ambient light during the day. The screen is a 96" 1.78 Carada Criterion Brilliant White screen (gain 1.4). The back wall is 13'7" (163") away.

I'm trying to determine how far back I should install the projector to maximize the available brightness due to the ambient light. If I'm reading the Projector Central calculator correctly, it looks like 9'5" maximizes the brightness for my screen size. Is that accurate? Seating will be against the back wall, 13'7" away.

Please let me know if additional information is needed to help me figure this out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
21,006 Posts
I'm installing an Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 6030UB in my sister's house. The room is pretty dark with some ambient light during the day. The screen is a 96" 1.78 Carada Criterion Brilliant White screen (gain 1.4). The back wall is 13'7" (163") away.

I'm trying to determine how far back I should install the projector to maximize the available brightness due to the ambient light. If I'm reading the Projector Central calculator correctly, it looks like 9'5" maximizes the brightness for my screen size. Is that accurate? Seating will be against the back wall, 13'7" away.

Please let me know if additional information is needed to help me figure this out.

Thanks!

Try this - http://www.epson.com/alf_upload/landing/distance-calculator/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts