AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the members of the forum could help me with the mounting of the G11 projector that I have. I am ordering a 16:9 stewart Greyhawk 127" diagonal screen and am planning on mounting the projector from the ceiling about 18' from the screen front. What do you think about the diatance?

Also, could anyone give me some information on the various lenses that I read about people buying aftermarket for their projectors. What do the various terms mean?(Panamorph, etc.)

Thanks, you all are a great help.

·
Registered
496 Posts

The zoom on these projectors is 2:1 to 3:1. So for 18', you can have a screen up to 9' wide (108"). At 127", your screen would be too large for the image at 18'.

- Marc

·
Registered
326 Posts
You'll be cutting it very close. If you can guarantee that the projection lens of the G11 will be 18 feet from the screen then you should be ok. D-ILA projectors actually have a zoom starting at 1.9:1 (instead of the 2:1 that is commonly given) so that would give you about a 9.47 foot wide screen. This translates into a maximum of 130 inch 16:9 aspect ratio screen.

-- John

[This message has been edited by brzez (edited 07-27-2001).]

·
Registered
143 Posts
One thing to keep in mind when using a projector at full zoom is that it may not be compatible with the Panamorph or ISCO. The smaller the image leaving the lens the better, for both distortion and vignetting. That said, I haven't figured out the beam spot size for a fully zoomed G11. It's easy to do with a piece of paper in front of the lens though, and I know somewhere in the archives is information on what zoom is acceptible for the ISCO. The Panamorph has a calculator on the Cygnus website.

Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.