AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm sure you all know, I'm working on putting together my HT. I've got all the equipment picked out (for now) and now have a question about the screen size...

The Yamaha LPX-510 projector will be ceiling mounted roughly 13' back from the screen wall. Based on the online throw distance calculator, that's a good throw distance for 90" to 100" screens.

I'm trying to decide between a 96" and 100" screen. The viewing angle seems to be fine for both, sitting roughly 11' back from the wall.

With the 96" screen, I can get a 1.0x zoom (no zoom) throw from the proj. With the 100" screen, I get the larger size, but would require a 1.06x zoom. Will this 0.06x zoom difference effect the clarity, resolution, sharpness, SDE, picture, or anything? Should I even worry about this?

I'd really like to get the 100" screen, unless you can tell me why I shouldn't.

Thanks!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have no experience with that projector, and specifically it would depend a lot on the projector itself. In general however, I don't think this would be a big deal. You are talking about a very small amount of zoom so I would say it would be fine to go with the larger screen, and most wouldn't regret going larger.

I have an Optoma H77 and zoom the image more than what you are needing and notice no loss of detail. The image just gets dimmer, but I doubt you'll really notice it being dimmer with only 1.06 zoom.

Could you get the projector mounted first and then play with the image at both sizes to see what you think?

Just my opinion, but hopefully more will offer advice.

Dave.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never thought about mounting the projector first but it's definitely a thought. I'll see what the installers think about that.

Anyone else have any recommendations?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.