Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I sacrafice a NEC XG 750?

I just bought this PJ last night and I'm trying to find out if it is worth more in parts or should I retube it and sell it. I would hate to part it out being a CRT lover, but then again if it is going to be more trouble then it is worth to retube it.

Will you forum members give me a thumbs up or down.

Deron

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
Is the unit defective or how many tubes need redoing?

I've retubed several with great results. I'd buy it as is (naturally!) if you want to sell it complete.

Curt

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Curt the tubes are toast. The red has text burn, the blue was used to fry hamburgers on and the green was used as some sort of death ray gun.

Seeing that there are so few NEC'S on the market out there and this is one of the more desired PJ'S. I will retube it as soon as I can come up with some good tubes.

I do not want to go the new tube route as this could cost upwards of $2000.00. Let me know if there are any usable tubes out there.

gn2 I would never have bought it but I have PJ fever. For now I have another project that I do not have time for, a wife that is giving me hell about spending large sums of money on "totally worthless large objects" that are going to require more time and money. Oh, and the guy could not have been more then 15 miles from my house.

I will let you have the rest of them.

Deron

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Deron,

I might be wrong about this but I think those can be rebuilt by VDC. If I remember correctly it is one model they have the best luck with. Maybe any one else can chime in a verify this if you have more info.

Mike

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have already checked into that and they can rebuild them. They want about $500.00 to rebuild them. I do not know if they charge tax. I can get a new tube from the NEC repair place in town for under $600.00, thats with tax included. You would think it would be alot cheaper to get it rebuilt.

Deron

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
JUMP on those new tubes! They will come with a warranty from NEC. Buy as many as you can afford, see if they'll give you a deal if you buy two sets. Send me an email with what other projectors you have that your better half wants you to get rid of. [email protected]

Include prices or were you serious about me "having the rest of them"

Ask your local NEC depot if they happen to have any tubes for an NEC 10PG in stock. I need a red and a green, maybe. Email me if you need part numbers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.