AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone be able to do a test on the throw ratio from 17' for one of these pjs. I would like to know what size screen from 17' you would have to have. I know what the book says but that sometimes LIES. The actual test is what matters. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too would like to know the real world figures for the throw distances...

If you can, please also add in throw distance for InFocus 7200 and the Yamaha DPX1000.

Thanks!

·
Registered
726 Posts
The throw distance for the ht300+ is as advertised. Mine is mounted at 15.7' from the screen and the min/max image sizes are consistent with the zoom range. (to within my ability to measure with a tape measure.)

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
DWIN has a calculator on their website.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ingeborgdot
15'7 to what size screen?
I have a homemade 102"x49" (2.08:1) screen. The advertised throw ratio for the ht300+ is 1.8-2.4 (thus zoom=1.33). Actually my mounting distance is 15.6'. The image can be zoomed from 78" wide to 104" wide.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hadn't really checked on the sim. I didn't realize the throw was that big (2.4). Do you know what the db level is supposed to be on that pj as compared to the 10k? I am curious about it. ALso how does the sim compare the the 10k in picture quality?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Ingeborgdot,

I have the Sim2 300+ and I don't find the noise level objectionable. I'm using a 72" wide screen with the projector almost 14' back. As for picture quality, check out the latest Stereophile Guide to Home Theater. They just did a review.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Yamaha and Dwin - 2.1 x screen width

Seleco and Sharp - 2.4

JVC's DLA-SX21 (a D-ILA) - 2.5

Marantz S2 - 1.5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.