AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
projector will be a few inches from hole in drywall in back of room. any suggestions for what to use to make hole in wall look finished (such as recessed lighting trim??)

will a lens be needed other than for noise?

any spwcial glass??

thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a Sanyo plv60 ht and have mounted it in the wall. The noise reduction is tremendous. Mine is mounted on an outside wall and a housing has been built for it,so it is inserted from the room side. I am assuming that you have another room you are putting the projector in. That will require some way to align it to the screen. I used a large opening with a decorative plate made to match the wall. No glass was used and the projector lens is slightly smaller than the opening. I used a soft foam strip for sealing which has an adhesive on the back to attach to the hole so the projector presses against it for a seal. I cut an opening for the remote control sensor and put transparent plastic over it. After the projector is aligned I mounted strips alongside it to prevent it from moving but allowing for removal. Then the plate can be aligned to the lens and fastened down. Your installation will be undoubtedly different but it is a nice way to go as it is clean and unobtrusive.

·
Registered
70 Posts
just an idea, but you could use a small picture frame that matches your room trim, and use smoked lexan in place of the glass, it would not have to be that dark to hide the lens when it is in place.

Jojo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.