AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my THT plans but there was no materials list to speak of. Is there an actual materials list somewhere that I am missing?

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkidd /forum/post/18181532

I received my THT plans but there was no materials list to speak of. Is there an actual materials list somewhere that I am missing?

I know somone had a real good thread with updated materials list.

But for consumables, basically;

wood, screws, PL or Liquid Nails, binding posts or terminal cup, gasket.

·
Registered
440 Posts
3 sheets 1/2" Aurauco or Birch plywood

3-4 tubes of PL construction adhesive

Box of 1.5" wood screws

Gasketing for access panel, available at PE

Binding posts, available at PE

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Anybody here used an air nailer instead of screws? I have the air tools and it would be a lot faster and make for a cleaner finished product. I would imagine with the adhesive it would be plenty strong as well.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG5589 /forum/post/18181556

5-6 tubes of PL construction adhesive

Three should be sufficient.
Quote:
Anybody here used an air nailer instead of screws?

I use 18 ga brads for all my builds except for the second side, which needs a few screws to pull it tight. It's critical to use clamps and guideboards to pull the joints tight and true and then use the brad shooter to secure the joint.

·
Registered
440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkidd /forum/post/18181575

Thanks guys. Anybody here used an air nailer instead of screws? I have the air tools and it would be a lot faster and make for a cleaner finished product. I would imagine with the adhesive it would be plenty strong as well.

I did for some pieces but screwed for most of it. Several guys have nailed theres so go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice /forum/post/18181586

Three should be sufficient.

True. Come to think of it, I only used about 3.5 tubes. And that was gobbing it on
Post edited.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkidd /forum/post/18181575

Yes, I used brads instead of screws.

I did this with the intention of easier finishing options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts