AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a chance to measure my 20" wide THT today. The graph below is with a fair amount of receiver EQ boosting. (around +4 in the 25,40,100 hz )

any thoughts on why the big dip around 70hz?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Id try and pull down that peak at 40-50hz. You say you boosted it why? What did it look like before?

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbieger /forum/post/18280641

had a chance to measure my 20" wide THT today. The graph below is with a fair amount of receiver EQ boosting. (around +4 in the 25,40,100 hz )

any thoughts on why the big dip around 70hz?

Narrow dips of that sort are almost always reflection nulls. Somewhere there's a reflection path in the vicinity of 8 feet, which is 1/2 wavelength at 70 Hz. For instance, if the mic is four feet from the rear wall that distance and back would be eight feet, for a 70 hz null.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The measurement was taken at the listening position. Seems that I have identified my null.. The listening position is about 4 feet from each side wall, 14 from the front wall and 10 feet from the back wall. The position is also at around 3'-4' which I know is less than ideal since I have 7' ceilings but that is what I have so....

Can you EQ out the dips or would I just be fruitlessly battling physics? I have a BFD that I haven't hooked up yet.

Is there a way to test the phase settings with REW?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts