AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at the Piano like you recommended at Infocomm Thursday after lunch. I have always been quite susceptible to the rainbow effect and have seen them on every single chip DLP I've auditioned, even the new Dwin. I was fairly impressed with the Piano during the demo presentation (opening sequence of 'The Gladiator') no obvious rainbows. But - I hate those buts - while filling out the demo feedback questionnaire for a door prize, they played the Eagles DVD in concert and there they were. Whenever the camera shot included the spotlights in the background, Zowee. I feel I'm either cursed with 'rainbow vision' or blessed with a very critical eye.

Comments?

All the best!

Hammerman

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hammerman,

sorry for jumping in, but I am curious: Did you find the rainbows you saw with the Piano as objectionable as the typical single speed DLP rainbows? Was the image steady and pleasant? Or did it still have that 'DLP' look?

Thanks.

Holger

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hammerman,

Thanks for taking a looksee at the Piano. I think we all realize and agree that it is an entry level product. Since I am not particularly sensitive to the rainbow, I hoped you and others could look at the 240 R.P.S./no clear section wheel on the Piano. It would appear from your report that wheels 4x the current versions can still impart rainbows to certain individuals.

Still as a "Joe-six-pack" projector it may become popular.

Time will tell if Plus's marketing research was correct.

Thumper

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Does the Piano utilize an RGBRGB colour wheel, or is it just RGB at 4x the speed?

I wonder if there is a difference, because those who have seen the RGBRGB ht200DM have said there is no rainbow present at all.

------------------

David Mendicino

Sharp xv-s55u (Don't laugh) :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holger,

No problem. Jump right on in.

I thought that maybe the 4x speed helped some.

David,

I seen the dreaded rainbows on both the highly touted Seleco 200 and the Dwin DLP w/Transvision. Rats!

Thumper,
Quote:
Still as a "Joe-six-pack" projector it may become popular.
I have little doubt that this is only the first of many projectors that will do well marketed this way. Thanks for your helpful comments.

Hammerman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.