AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - Just a couple quick questions about the 65S10 vs. the 65V10. The biggest differences I see are the lack of internet for the S series, a slimmer size for the V series, and the lack of THX for the S series. Is that pretty much the important differences?

As of right now, I don't really care about the internet connectivity.

As of right now, I don't really care about slimmer because I am replacing a 65" Mitsubishi 65857, which is one of the big black box models, so all plasmas are skinny to me.

As of right now, we don't have blu-ray and no plans on getting it anytime soon so THX doesn't matter if that's all/mostly what it is really for.

So, if I've got it right, and these are the main differences, I can go S series with no regrets. But, I want to make sure it is same PQ between the sets and there aren't any other major differences I am overlooking.

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness999 /forum/post/16847618

Hi All - Just a couple quick questions about the 65S10 vs. the 65V10. The biggest differences I see are the lack of internet for the S series, a slimmer size for the V series, and the lack of THX for the S series. Is that pretty much the important differences?

As of right now, I don't really care about the internet connectivity.

As of right now, I don't really care about slimmer because I am replacing a 65" Mitsubishi 65857, which is one of the big black box models, so all plasmas are skinny to me.

As of right now, we don't have blu-ray and no plans on getting it anytime soon so THX doesn't matter if that's all/mostly what it is really for.

So, if I've got it right, and these are the main differences, I can go S series with no regrets. But, I want to make sure it is same PQ between the sets and there aren't any other major differences I am overlooking.

Thanks!

I'm make this very brief because this has been discussed on here a million times. Yes there is a difference in PQ between an S1 series and a V10 series display. No, it is not dramatic, but it exists. Is it worth the money difference? That's for you to decide and is subjective.

·
Registered
16,348 Posts
madness, you can get excellent PQ with the S1 if you calibrate it. But out of the box, without calibration, the THX mode of the G10 (in the US) and V10 give better PQ than the S1 out of the box. Thus, if you are just going to plug and play, the V10 (and G10 in the US) in THX mode will outperform the S1.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness999 /forum/post/16847618

Nothing to do with PQ,,,,, the V10 has the improved audio for anyone that would want to use the panels on-board sound.

CHeers

Davyo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.