AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry in advance...i know this has been debated but i was hoping for some new opinions..or info.does anyone use this to adjust there display?for the first time last night i checked my system with this and it appeared to be much different than video essentials...my pic was good with video essentials,but seemed a liitle dark.when i redid with thx optimizer,image came to life in dark detail...stuff that was in the dark came to the light as the saying goes..i had to bump brightness up a little in theatertek to get thx calibrated..other than that everything else was right on..i know g2 should be accurate(i hope),since i originally used video essentials to set it.

was this correct?just wondering if perhaps one is more accurate than the other...i only watch dvd's by the way with my htpc if this helps..with a radeon 7000 card.

brickie

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
No :)

Another thing by THX that doesn't work.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I like the THX patterns for contrast and brightness. I find them much easier to use than the AVIA patterns. I still use AVIA to set the contrast and tint, however.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually it's funny, i redid my steup last night and i decided to go with the setup from video essentials dvd...i watched blade 2(lots of dark scenes),last night and in many dark scenes i could see "video interference",and it drove me crazy!!! i don't know if thx optimizer is garbage,but i didn't like the results as much as i thought...USE AVIA OR VIDEO ESSENTIALS!!!!!

brickie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.