1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Well, at least we can assume that all Lucas films will have a THX certification, no matter what the quality :cool:

"There's a little noise here, don't you think?" "You're fired".

·
Registered
578 Posts
The person at THX that finalized this deal just pulled a "David Caruso" :). Talk about a bad career move :).

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
NEWS FLASH:

Health Care HMO Buys Remaining 40% Stake in THX!

AP Newswire:

A National HMO provider recently acquired a 40% stake in THX, on the heels of a 60% sale to Mulitmedia PC empire Creative Labs. Industry analysts are positve on the deal:

"Now, patients can be assured of a consistent level of health care, with calibrated EKG, EEG, and blood pressure monitors, as well as THX certified bandages and toothbrushes!" said one Wall Streeter.

"This is a win-win for patients and the HMO's" said a Smith Barney analyst. "The THX quality seal will serve as a quality roadmap for health care providers, and a flag to patients that quality standards are a priority."

One HMO patient remarked, "When I see the THX logo on my doctor or dentist's lapel, I know I'm getting the best health care I can get! It gives me peace of mind."

·
Registered
407 Posts
From THX's website (was looking for an official release on this farce)

Quote:
THX has been called by one British journalist "... possibly the best thing to happen to home cinema since microwave popcorn." Nice words. It's taken us almost 20 years to earn them....
...and 2 seconds to throw it all away.

·
Registered
88 Posts
There doesn't seem to be any official press release from THX or from Creative Labs concerning this.

I think this "news" is B.S.

·
Registered
407 Posts
When I first saw a link to a news item about this (on the UK AVforums actually) I sent an emial to THX asking them to dispel this 'damaging rumour'. No reply as yet.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Rgb your killing me-too funny

I just recently had my kids THX certified but there doesn't seem to be a noticable improvement-i think it is definately the sound card.

cheers

Wayne

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.