AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping I could get some input from some fellow HT enthusiests on this. I am thinking of buying the Tice Elite 3 Power conditioner/surge protector. They tell me I will here a night and day difference with my HT system when I get one of these? We shall see. Who uses them? Who likes thems/hates them?

Also where is a good place on the net to buy power conditioners?

Thanks

------------------

Troy

[This message has been edited by Troytn (edited 07-06-2001).]

·
Registered
801 Posts
I remember a Tice product from about 16 years ago called the "Tice Clock".

This magical device was a digital clock you plugged in an outlet, and it "cleansed" the power line of extraneous noise giving more clarity/depth/etc. to the music from your audio system.

This was a Radio Shack digital clock that could be purchased at Radio Shack for around $20.

The one that Tice sold, however, had been treated with some kind of special "field" or other treatment that gave it it's magical powers.

I think Tice pushed the envelope on seeing just how gullible people were on this one.

They may make some very fine products now, I just can't forget this one.

Bob Smith

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have the latest Tice Powerblock (IIRC, the III-C), and I am pleased with it. I can't say that it made a "night and day" difference, but it did seem to make for better blacks (acoustical and visual), cleaned things up, etc. I also use a Tice Infinite Speed power cord (for the surge protection, not the cord in and of itself), and that made a positive difference also.

Unless you have god-awful power in your home, I wouldn't expect an earth-shaking revelatory effect. On the other hand, it protects your equipment and, in my case at least, made a positive improvement.

The other kind of conditioner I would consider is one that has balanced power output, which the Tice does not.

Claude

PS You can email me privately if you like for a online purchasing reference.

[This message has been edited by ClaudeD (edited 07-07-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.