AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to start with, how incredible everyone is on this site. Each and every person more than willing to offer great advice and help out each other. I'd like to repay, in a small way, all the great ideas people have posted.

My girlfriend clogged my kitchen drain line and I had to tear out finished walls to repair it. Gave me a great excuse to finally build a concession area next to my theater room. I started with building black velvet fabric panels lining where I'm going to build the concession area out. See pictures.

Next I'm almost finished with the ticket booth. See pictures. I priced ones that I was looking for and they wanted 3-4 grand. I can build anything, just about, I'd like to think I can. I wasn't going to pay that. So I started reading this site at work for 10 hours a day. Found such great ideas. Picked one that I loved and mashed it with the idea in my head.

I'm going to NYC this weekend and while down their I will be buying 2 fusion escapes from roman. Need more seating and these truly are the best out there for the money.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the trim drying no time to install. Work called. Almost finish with the ticket booth. Have the letters and intercom ordered. Ordered the silver screen carpet by joy. Ordered the 4oz Paragon cineplex popcorn machine and refrigerator.

Still have to build the candy/concession area. Few more weeks I'll be done.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Picked up two fusion escapes on Sunday. Couldn't be happier. Roman is such a pleasure to deal with. A great asset for this forum.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Finished with the base of the ticket booth. Debating hard weather or not to paint the base molding. Torn as it won't match the rest of my basement. Most likely going to add some gold leaf.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Trims done just waiting on the intercom and mannequin. Carpet is still on back order pissed it's taking so long. Building the concession stand this weekend.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Starting building the concession stand. About a quarter of the way there. Received the paragon popcorn machine yesterday. Can't wait to fire this puppy up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Added a light. Still waiting on the intercom to be delivered. Bought the curtain and rod to install on the back of the booth. So glad I built it in two pieces. Thing weighs a lot.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Trims drying. Granite is in and drying. Forgot how heavy granite is. Lighting is in. Carpet is on back order. I hate when I ask if something is in and I am told yes. Might cancel with that company.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks man for giving me an idea too.. I do want this in our theater room.

Anyway if you plan to put this is serious business (building concession stand) here’s an idea of how to make good profits with concession stand . Hope this will give you an idea and you really did a great start!

Goodluck man and keep us posted with more pics when its 100% done.

Regards

1 - 16 of 16 Posts