AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Can someone tell how I can play tv audio and whole house audio on the same speakers. I purchased a HTD mutlisource & amp and speakers. I want to somehow connect my TVs (no cable box) so that the audio comes out of the same speakers without any delays (kung fu). Does anyone have any suggestions? By the way I have a Onkyo tx nr708 for my 7.1 room. I can also use some help with projector screens I am looking for a not too expensive screen, 120" for a light controled room 20' x 16'. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
If your TV has an audio output (analog or digital), just connect that to your Onkyo.

You might try Elite screens. Their price is fairly low. I have one and it seems to be built well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I spent the better part of a night trying to get something like this to work with my Denon 991. Audio was fine from other sources, but I could not get the Z2 speakers to output the TV audio....then the fine print in the Denon manaul noted that Z2 would not output a digital input signal (in my case, HDMI). RCA cables proved that I could listen to TV output, but the analog/digital delay was too much.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
That analog/digital audio delay might be adjustable, in the receiver.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just set this up with my Pioneer tv and my Pioneer receiver. It took a while to get audio to work and I still have to deal with the WHA being delayed a bit. My tv has optical out and RCA out, if you have your equipment setup as source -> receiver -> tv you might have to set an option on your receiver to passthrough audio.

Then my receiver is setup that it cannot use a digital source for zone 2 or 3, so I ended up with both optical out and rca out from the tv to the receiver and the receiver set to optical in and zone 2 out set to the rca in. Then I ran 100' of coax and terminated the ends with RCAs to send the signal to my Nuvo amp. Its a convoluted setup and I wish they would just make receivers that could be set to HDMI audio for zones 2 and 3. My pioneer tv can take hdmi audio and turn it into RCA outs, why doesn't my pioneer receiver have this capability?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts