AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 http://www.tiesto.com/mailerdata/img..._Copenhage.png

This was a shocker to me when i read on this email image that this 4 HOUR concert will be released on Blu-Ray! only DTS as they say, but still incredible this will be to watch a techno/trance show in BD in surround sound.

This mans music and mixes are incredible and compared to some of the music discs we get this will be a truly immersive awesome experience if it actually happens.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got him to sign my cd "In Search of Sunrise 5" for me when he was here in Sweden playing at a smaller club, very proud of that. Finally Tiesto on BR!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
SWEET! I'll be picking this up for sure. Also, considering that they called it a Blu-ray DVD I'm willing to bet we'll get lossless audio.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Ive seen Tiesto perform at clubs in LA many times, AWESOME dj, this blu-ray is mine 100% guarenteed! Just wish we got some lossless audio support!! Hopefully its DTS HD MA since it says "full blown" DTS track, i hope at least.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBee /forum/post/12854055

Ive seen Tiesto perform at clubs in LA many times, AWESOME dj, this blu-ray is mine 100% guarenteed! Just wish we got some lossless audio support!! Hopefully its DTS HD MA since it says "full blown" DTS track, i hope at least.

Awesome! Huge fan! Although Sunrise 6 wasn't as good as Sunrise 3 or 4, it was still ok. Here's hoping it's DTS MA not, just DTS.

One thing for sure, the bitrate meter will be off the charts with this one.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Can't wait to get this. Some more info-

Quote:
With the news of the release of "Tiesto: Elements of Life" a member of the production company has asked whether potential owners would like a PCM track added to the list of available audio tracks.

Already planned are:

Dolby Digital 5.1 640k

Dolby Digital 2.0 224k

DTS-HD MA Lossless

Adding a PCM track might require the video bitrate to be cutback to accomodate the additional space required for having two lossless tracks, but would allow owners of the PS3 to have lossless audio output to compatible receivers.. whereas DTS-HD MA isn't (currently) supported.

The plan is to release the title as 2 BD25 discs (about 2 hrs video on each) in 1080i.

There is a poll on Blu-Ray forums to vote for your audio of choice. PCM or DTS-HD-MA for me-

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=32653

I wish they would just go the BD50 route and put it all one 1 disc (all Audio formats and video).

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
**** Yes!!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
This would be a title that would get me to finally buy a BD for my PS3. But why two BD25s ? That kind of sucks, I thought the biggest deal about BR was the 50Gb discs.

I would rather get Armin Van Buuren - Armin only though, a better DJ IMO, but then again I'm biased since people have compared my mixing to AvB's.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurotrance /forum/post/12863140

This would be a title that would get me to finally buy a BD for my PS3. But why two BD25s ? That kind of sucks, I thought the biggest deal about BR was the 50Gb discs.

One theory that I read today was that there are only 2 plants making BD50s. One in the US and the other in Japan. As it is probably a European company making the Tiesto Blu-Ray they may only have access to a BD-25 facility in Europe. In which case
as I to want a BD-50 so as to not flip discs. But if this is the only way to get it is so be it

·
Registered
457 Posts
I would love to get this as well. I see him everytime he is in Chicago.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I went to the forum and voted for PCM.

I'd rather see a 24bit TRUE HD track with high bitrate video.

Or PCM with high bitrate video on a 50GB disc.

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Just give me TrueHD 24 bits on a 50 GB disc and keep video quality high. Why waste space with PCM ?

·
Banned
1,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz /forum/post/12863283

One theory that I read today was that there are only 2 plants making BD50s. One in the US and the other in Japan. As it is probably a European company making the Tiesto Blu-Ray they may only have access to a BD-25 facility in Europe. In which case
as I to want a BD-50 so as to not flip discs. But if this is the only way to get it is so be it

Yes it is definitely a european production. No BD50 blows, especially when we have been hammered by the "BR is superior" mantra for 2 years already. What would be even more ironic is if they go heavy on the BD-Java and 1st gen standalones took 3 minutes to load each disc or couldn't even play it without a firmware upgrade.

1 - 20 of 211 Posts