AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to IGN, the XBOX version of Tiger Woods 2004 is 480i. I have a feeling they're only saying this because the back of the box doesn't say it's 480p, and we all know how reliable the back of XBOX games are.

Does anyone know for sure? I've got a Sammy DLP, and I'm really not looking forward switching cables to play it.

I owned Tiger Woods 2003, but traded it in before I got my DLP set. Was that 480p?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, no bites. I've just picked this game up and will be firing it up tonight and I'll let everyone know if its 480p or not.

Oh, and TW2003 WAS 480p.

·
Registered
754 Posts
yeah i'm pretty sure it will be 480p.. if they released last years in 480p i don't see why they wouldn't be 480p this year also. guess we'll just wait and see.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Also note that i don't think that there has been a game that EA has released for the Xbox that wasn't 480p..

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I forget where I saw it but someone who gets advance copies to review did say that it had striking graphics in 480p mode. Don't remember where I read it and second hand is never super reliable but I doubt that it wouldn't have 480p.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tick, Tock. Tick, Tock.

That's the time remaining until I can go home and play this. (I know, I am a Golf Game Geek.)

I can't wait to "make myself" with the new Face designing mode.

Oh, how disappointed I'll be if it's not progressive.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
480P, no widescreen.

Great game, especially the create your face mode.

Now, I'm "In the Game".

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the GameCube version supports progressive scan? I saw one post that said it didn't on another board. I would *almost* be pissed enough to not buy it if it doesn't. 2003 was terrible with the jaggies.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Rant

I'm boycotting EA on Xbox because they refuse to adopt online play with the console. They have some decent games but I think they've missed the boat here...... or they're sleeping with Sony.

It's pretty obvious that the Live service works. If it weren't working there would be 500,000+ pissed off gamers.

/rant

·
Registered
333 Posts
Its about the $$$$

EA wants to be able to charge a monthly fee.

Since Softie already charges a fee they feel Xbox live wont add additional revenue.

This is a paraphrase from a earnings call earlier this year.

Sucks if ya ask me.....

Cipro

·
Registered
126 Posts
fireshoes:

I rented it tonight prior to purchase..........there is no progressive scan mode for the GameCube version from what I can see........there is no confirmation of pscan at the beginning of the game; the manual does not note same as a feature of the game and the graphics seem non-pscan to me.....................what a disappointment.

JodyL

·
Registered
787 Posts
i'm thinking of getting this game

loved the 1st

anyway i have a 47" hdtv and wonder how it'll look stretched out? is it alright?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's not bad...just remember, if you create yourself in widescreen, you'll look totally different if you change it to 4:3.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I got it last night. It's 16X9 and 480P on my X-Box. The graphics are slightly better than 2003. The game seems to have alot more to it, can't wait to get into it. Circles are round with it on my Mitsubishi 55857.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Greg T,

I'm pretty sure that it's not 16:9. Are you sure you're not using a stretch mode on your TV that leaves the middle unstretched?

Regardless, it doesn't look bad stretched. I have a Sammy DLP, and I play in 4:3 mode, because I've no fear of burn in. :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
If this game had Live support I would have bought it the day it came out. I'm now waiting for Outlaw Golf 2 so I can play my brother online.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris the Rock
Greg T,

I'm pretty sure that it's not 16:9. Are you sure you're not using a stretch mode on your TV that leaves the middle unstretched?

Regardless, it doesn't look bad stretched. I have a Sammy DLP, and I play in 4:3 mode, because I've no fear of burn in. :D

Just studied it a little closer, it's 4:3. How and the hell could EA have left this funcionality out. No online play and no 16:9 support. Not worth $50 IMHO.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.