AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/18/jo...a-tour-07-wii/

Sounds pretty good. The Wiimote certainly should make it the best golf game ever. Shame about no online. 4 player online golf would sell the box to people who would never try another video game, golfers trapped in the snow who want to best their buddies!

·
Registered
846 Posts
This game does indeed look interesting. I have Super Swing Golf and, while the actual golf play is very good, there are too many issues with the interface and I'm not a huge fan of all the "fluff" added to the game. I actually prefer Wii Sports golf simply because of the more serene setting that is more akin to being on a real golf course. So, barring some major flaws with the game, I'll be picking it up. It's true that nothing compares to actually swinging the Wiimote like a golf club to draw you into these games. I hope it fares well so we see more full-fledged sports games

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I've been salivating at the thought of TW07 on Wii ever since I started playing Wii sports golf (and then tried TW07 on my ps3 and realized how much more boring it was
).

As a golfer, I must say that the idea of being able to play this game on the Wii makes me really excited.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I can't wait for this game. I'm not a golfer, or even a fan of golf games, Wiisports golf was the first one I actually liked playing. I think it's just because the Wiimote really adds to this kind of games.

btw, Hockey might be awesome with the Wiimote too.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I can't wait until a lot of traditional/deep sports sims are out on wii. The only baseball game scheduled claims to have the pitches come in faster which sounds like a "no buy" for me since my vision sucks. I ahvent heard of a basketball one but that could be pretty cool with wiimote and nunchuck probably.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Just as the author of the article said, this is the first Golf video game I'm looking forward to... ever. I haven't ever golfed, save for miniature golf. But Wii Sports Golf is hands down the most popular party game I've owned!

Edit: Here's the hands-on from wii.ign.com:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/756/756124p1.html

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Speaking of miniature golf, I want to do that in a agme! Super Monkey Ball had it (the origianl) then they stopped. Ahhh. Only I want it with cool things, like going through a clown's mouth. lol

In that review it says putting short putts is not picked up well. I don't udnerstand how that can happen since it seemed fine in wii sports, and surely they would work more on it for a traditional game thana demo...

·
Registered
144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/0

Speaking of miniature golf.... In that review it says putting short putts is not picked up well. I don't udnerstand how that can happen since it seemed fine in wii sports, and surely they would work more on it for a traditional game thana demo...

Really (about it seems fine in wii sports)? Can you clue me in? I love the golf game until it comes to putting. For the life of me, I can't get it to register a nice, easy, smooth (and SOFT) putt. What's the trick? It's killing me!

Thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Well I havent played golf often. Probably the elast of the sports games on that disc. But I always seemed to make the short putts. I dunno, it seemed to work to me. Maybe I should play it mroe to be sure.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samandnoah /forum/post/0

Really (about it seems fine in wii sports)? Can you clue me in? I love the golf game until it comes to putting. For the life of me, I can't get it to register a nice, easy, smooth (and SOFT) putt. What's the trick? It's killing me!

Thanks,

Rich

Dont pull back, putt from a vertical posistion or just off, and dont stop swinging until its already hit the ball, follow through nice and smooth.

Not talking about you, but its amazing how many people have dismissed the controls as horrible, only because they did not take the time to learn them. Its not like pushing a button, the speed, angle, stop, and technique are very important and just a little deviation can make the diffrence between sucking and mastering. Is also funny that the same people who degrade the controls say they're pointless anyway because its just an alterative to pushing a button.

Just last night I let a guy play boxing, which I have some troubles with, and watched him utterly dominate the opponets, first time he had touched a wii...

I also let a little (?3-4yr old) girl play tennis, and she did suprisingly well, lol. Well, until that is the wii mote flew out of her hand and smashed into the ground. I snugged up the strap as good as I could but her hands were just too small for that to do anything. The mote was fine, and its not like I didnt see that coming from the begining.

It truely is the console for all ages...

·
Registered
183 Posts
The problem that I find with the golf controls in Wii Golf is that there doesn't seem to be any power calculation given to the backswing. You can hit forward only with no backswing and seem to drive it just as well. There also doesn't seem to be any calculation for hook and slice unless you hit the ball too hard.

I figured out the game and went pro very quickly so it isn't like I didn't understand how it all worked. I just can't wait for a more accurate game to hit the market like Tiger Woods 07.

Super Swing is alright. We have it rented right now and are having a pretty good time with it. My wife had never played golf in her life and is enjoying it so that says a lot for the game. We are not much into the Anime world and art style so right now it serves only to get her familiar with the basic golf terms and concepts (club numbering and drive distance, name of score in relation to par, etc.). It would also be very nice to be able to skip the computer shots while playing single player.

·
Registered
174 Posts
tiger does sound very good, tho how you get spin on the ball (shaking the wiimote) seems pretty lame. couldn't they have thought of something better?

the one thing i am very disappointed about the wii is the pathetic online support. we keep hearing that it's coming, or that the wii is for people to play together in their home, but i don't think there are any good excuses. nintendo had a lot of time to develop this console, and with the much lower hardware specs and ease for developers of coding from GC to the Wii, Nintendo should have been able to get tools for online play out by launch.

anyway, i will probably pick this up pending reviews, but it's frustrating that none of these games go online. once you're out of college it's not quite as easy to gather a crowd to play games together in person.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im not going to defend it, because the online support for the wii is non-existant, but it doesn't really bother me (being that its a 'lets get round the console' sort of experience for me).

Hope they get the control for this right.. could really make it top fun. They're good games on the traditional consoles anyway, so with a bit of effort, the Wii version will be worthwhile.

Just hope we're not all here in a couple of months lamenting another set of tacked on controls

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Tiger Woods 09 is shaping up to be quite an exciting game. 4 player online with enhanced graphics, 1 to 1 swing mechanics.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.