Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

Just wondering if people have purchased from TigerDirect and had any feedback. They have quite a few projectors in their catalog, and the prices seem very competitive.

With the BenQs they are offering a free replacement lamp and/or portable dvd player, depending on model.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
As you know, they are a computer warehouse store. Price is very competitive on selected pj models that they bought in volume. Buying and shipping was absolutely no hassle for me. I can't really comment on services as I didn't ask any questions nor have the need for product services ... yet.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I agree, I have had no problems with tiger direct. Make sure that you know that their return policy is for defective product exchange ONLY.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Same here. I made sure to get the name of my phone rep, and got their assurance that I would get an easy exchange for dead pixels (for whatever that might be worth), but my l300u was perfect, so I've had no need to interact with them past the sale.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have used TigerDirect on many occassions to buy computer hardware and have never had any problems. They have been quick shipping and never had any problems with it.

Matt

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
i despise the cdn part of tiger direct. they are useless tools. seriously. Tried giving them a 3 grand order and they apparently didn't want the money. tried it multiple times and each time they didnt give a fug. I then ordered my stuff from a company that actually liked making money. Imagine that one!

Remember, this is for CDN part of tigertdirect so in the U.S they might be better.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Since Dec. 30th, myself and two others have ordered four BenQ's online (3 6100's and 1 7200). Three of the purchases went without a hitch. Tiger asks you a number of questions that obviously come off of something similar to a credit report, that only you should know. This is intended to prevent someone from using your card.

My sister decided to call and she placed the order on Saturday with Blue label shipping. On Wednesday, someone called to ask her those questions to verify she was the card owner. I told her to call back and demand red label shipping, because they shouldn't have waited until wednesday to verify her info. She did this and they shipped it to her Red label at no additional charge.

So, I have had three great experiences and one less than perfect one.

A friend of mine ordered a PC from them several years ago. When it came in, it had a lesser processor than stated on the website. They claimed that he must have switched the processor and refused to fix the problem.

That's all I know about Tiger.

Billy

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rlindo
i despise the cdn part of tiger direct. they are useless tools. seriously. Tried giving them a 3 grand order and they apparently didn't want the money. tried it multiple times and each time they didnt give a fug. I then ordered my stuff from a company that actually liked making money. Imagine that one!

Remember, this is for CDN part of tigertdirect so in the U.S they might be better.
Tigerdirect.ca is retentive for big $ orders... I think the threshold is around $1000.

I had successfully ordered several small orders ($300-$500) without issue. A subsequent order of a TFT panel caused a hold to be placed on the order and getting it off was a huge pain so I gave up.

Since then, I've again had no issue with smaller orders. I think it's because large orders are cleared through the USA.... and they are being retents down there.

Their pricing is killer on many items but you pay for it with slow delivery times.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, they cheesed me off about 6 years ago when I thought a catalog description was misleading. They refused to do anything but a store credit, a were really unpleasant about it. It wasn't a lot of money, but I haven't bought anything since, nor will I in the future. I have intercepted many PO's where I work and re-directed them to different vendors.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Ordering and shipping have always been great for me with TD, but service after the sale is something else.

I had bought some memory for a PC I was building a while back and it stayed in the box for a little while before I got around to building the system. I found out that it wasn't fully compatible with the motherboard I had bought, and even though it was a few days past the return period, I figured I'd give them a try anyway. What could they do other than say no?

Well, they said no, but the guy I talked to was a complete a**hole to me. Basically ridiculing me for even asking when they make it "so clear" that the return policy is X days.

I can take a no, but for pete's sake, the guy didn't have to rip me a new one!

Anyway, I still order from them from time to time, but I always hope I don't have to deal with a CS rep.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
One bummer is pricing mistakes. They had the Panasonic L300U on there on the .ca website, then in one day, the price dropped by $40.00 CDN and then all of a sudden the following day they jacked the price UP almost $300.00 CDN. Oh well. Not sure what their marketing scheme is, whether they are trying to milk demand or something.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
We tend not to allow a lot of negative discussion about dealers so I'll have to close this one.

Alan tried allowing a thread like this in the past that allowed "dealer feedback comments" and it got ugly and had to be shut down.

You'll find that most people who are happy tend not to post anything and people who are pissed love to talk about it.

Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.