·
Registered
1,312 Posts
You're not the only one!

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
In a way, I wish I shared that point of view.
I still have to rationalize most expenditures as worthwhile...
You're not the only one!

R Johnson & BP1Fanatic,

Fellows I guess I can say fellows .............
When I say the next things they are meant as just information and the way I/We actually are.
These comments are not meant to come across as me being, clever, cute, a wise-ass etc.

So here goes and if you do follow me on AVS you already know I post just like I was talking to someone in person, Face-to-Face.

At 74-years old and my wife now 65 (She still works) and once again below is what we do and don't do in regards to spending monies.

We don't do or have the following, smoke, alcoholic drinking, elaborate vacations, super huge home, dining-out, recreation-drugs, sports, boats, motorcycles, four-wheeler's, and in our case per our decision no-children I think that gives you the general idea.

So, what we do and live our lives is often referred to by some people as, Home-Bodies and that's just fine by us.
We have also been married to one another 35-Years plus.
We have new cars and the custom-home-theater and that's where we choose to spend Large-Sums-of-Money.
(Plus the House we live in)

As I said I post as if we guys were sitting in my Home Theater talking to one another, right guys ???
Me spending the monies for the Atmos system I have No-Doubt to some is a Super-Huge-Expense and I'll add simply not necessary to some.
But and the following is the Bottom-Line ..........
If we don't live our lives now and do the few things we do enjoy who then is going to eventually end up spending what we have worked for ???
We are not going to not do what we do wish to do.
To end up being sorry one-day we didn't do what we wanted to.

Maybe I have said above enough on why we do what we do that makes sense to anyone reading the above I certainly hope so. :)

Terry

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
R Johnson & BP1Fanatic,

Fellows I guess I can say fellows .............
When I say the next things they are meant as just information and the way I/We actually are.
These comments are not meant to come across as me being, clever, cute, a wise-ass etc.

So here goes and if you do follow me on AVS you already know I post just like I was talking to someone in person, Face-to-Face.

At 74-years old and my wife now 65 (She still works) and once again below is what we do and don't do in regards to spending monies.

We don't do or have the following, smoke, alcoholic drinking, elaborate vacations, super huge home, dining-out, recreation-drugs, sports, boats, motorcycles, four-wheeler's, and in our case per our decision no-children I think that gives you the general idea.

So, what we do and live our lives is often referred to by some people as, Home-Bodies and that's just fine by us.
We have also been married to one another 35-Years plus.
We have new cars and the custom-home-theater and that's where we choose to spend Large-Sums-of-Money.
(Plus the House we live in)

As I said I post as if we guys were sitting in my Home Theater talking to one another, right guys ???
Me spending the monies for the Atmos system I have No-Doubt to some is a Super-Huge-Expense and I'll add simply not necessary to some.
But and the following is the Bottom-Line ..........
If we don't live our lives now and do the few things we do enjoy who then is going to eventually end up spending what we have worked for ???
We are not going to not do what we do wish to do.
To end up being sorry one-day we didn't do what we wanted to.

Maybe I have said above enough on why we do what we do that makes sense to anyone reading the above I certainly hope so. :)

Terry
Live your life the way you want to live it! Live it!

My wife would divorce me immediately so I’m jealous to say the least. My Atmos upgrade cost me about $2,000 and I thought that was reasonable.

Reactions: Jive Turkey

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
Live your life the way you want to live it! Live it!

My wife would divorce me immediately so I’m jealous to say the least.
My Atmos upgrade cost me about $2,000 and I thought that was reasonable.
rontalley,

$2,000.00 dollars seems a reasonable amount to me.
I'm thinking that's somewhere in the ballpark of what my buddy Tom spent on his Atmos.
And I do know he love's his !!!

It's like all things really as to what each of us will spend on things.
IMO $2K dollars to some people is a lot of money just to add some additional sound above them.
I know for a fact that Tom I speak of has told me numerous times he was not willing to spend more than what he did for his Atmos addition.
He went with 4 SVS speakers for his Atmos and as I said he really-really enjoys his system.

In my case when I looked at the three estimates I immediately threw-out the lower cost one.
Then I went over the other two options with Charles "Wolf-Hill-Technologies" and I said to him.
Charles, my buddy, it makes no-sense to me not to go with the Top Choice when there is a spread of only $5K.
If I'm going to spend $ 21,704.57 for the 2nd choice.

Then why wouldn't it be a much smarter decision to go with the 1st choice for only an additional $ 5,091.05.

Of course the 1st proposal by Steve & Jim at Triad was exactly what Charles had originally asked them for.
Charles asked Steve Colburn what would be the exact Atmos Triad six speaker system if money was totally taken out of the equation ???
Then I would also like to have another option if that 1st ultimate option simply does not work for Terry and his budget for adding Atmos ???

After talking the options over with Charles face to face in my H/T I then ran the numbers by Cathy (Wife) and she immediately said to me.
Terry the 1st and 2nd options are so close to one another it makes No-Sense not to go with the 1st Atmos option as this is way below what we had set aside for this.
(She also added, Terry get it exactly as you want it or you will be always 2nd thinking your decision)
I said okay I'll tell Charles as he needs to forward this decision to Steve Colburn so he can do the correct placements for the six in-ceiling Triad speakers.

Terry

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #445
Guys,

I didn't mention this in my 1st post above when disclosing what my decision was for the Atmos system.
I will be contacting a guy by the Name of Chad B. that lives in Ohio, USA.
Chad did his Custom Calibrating to both my Audio & Video.
I'm going to reach back out to Chad to return and once again do his Custom Calibrating to both my Audio & Video.
I'm going to have him refresh the video because I have added the ROKU ULTRA 2019 streaming device as well as up-grading from the Panasonic UB820 to the Panasonic UB9000.
Plus I now have over 3,000 plus hours on my JVC RS4500 laser projector.

For those that have never had a H/T system completely Custom-Calibrated it is money well spent I promise you. :)

Here are some pictures to Chad B. below when he came and did my H/T system and I am so looking forward to having him once gain do his Awesome thing.

Here he is just now arriving ............

Terry

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
After seeing other comments I have decided to include the below ...

Guys,

You know I did consider on the 1st post above announcing my final decision on the addition of Atmos to post the below.

But, the reason I didn't was to keep that post strictly on Atmos and my H/T and not take a chance on just maybe getting things

This is what I didn't post above ..............

The below 2019 Audi RS-3 I special ordered I very-very much was considering trading it in on the New 2020 Mid-Engine Corvette. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes, guys I'm beyond the 100% level as I was actually ready to do it and then I thought ???
Terry don't be a Dumb-Ass calm your old butt down and at least find out what the Atmos would cost if you had Charles check into it with the understanding, setting all cost aside.
And also once you do find that out check with the wife (Cathy) and see what her take is on things ???
You cannot do both so your going to have to choose.
As you guys saw above I actually went with the Atmos after Cathy and I discussed it.
Both of us came to the conclusion that I only drove the New Dodge Challenger Yellow-Jacket Hellcat like 2,000 miles in a year of ownership.
Then it was traded for the ordered 2019 Audi RS-3 I now have with a whopping 1,100 miles on it.
Cathy said Terry if you didn't drive the Hellcat any and your damn sure not driving the new RS-3 any.
What makes you think if you do go ahead and order the 2020 Mid-Engine Corvette that your all of a sudden going to drive it ???
And then I don't want to hear you crying about not having Atmos in the H/T !!!

So, guys, I'm posting this additional information to simply share with you that yes the Atmos is expensive but believe me it's not compared to what that 2020 Corvette would have been.

The Atmos system Won-Out :D as you have read and now you know that to me it was so much less costly than me doing the Corvette that it was simply not all that big a deal, to me.

Terry

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Lol!

Reactions: tigerhonaker

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #450 (Edited)
Hmm! An Audio Rs and Atmos! Sounds to me the wife is owed a nice dinner and movie with full accolades (for it being her idea) on her stepping in with the voice of reason;):D
I’ll bet you’ll get more hours of enjoyment out of the Atmos speakers than yet another new car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guys,

I'm confident that some of you probably have and do follow this thread as well as seeing me comment on other threads.
I say the above to point-out if I'm correct then you know I say things exactly as I see them and don't Sugar-Coat them.

In the extensive post above where I put all the Atmos information I mentioned my buddy Tom Cochran down Texas way. :D
Well, he is the other person I ran the 2020 Mid-Engine Corvette ideal by.
And guys, Tom & I don't mix words with one another we just say what we really think to one another and that's why we are still "Great" buddies.
Tom and I even talk about personal financial matters in detail.
As I confided in Tom and of course Cathy (Wife) and said well this is what it will actually in reality come down to.

(1) I do the Atmos and simply cut a check and it's 100% instantly paid for and thousands left over in the account.

(2) If I do go ahead with the 2020 Corvette I'm going to be dumping $50,000.00 Cash and end up with a balance of $30,000.00 dollars for a new car loan.

So, Tom said well you and I both do dearly love cars and have for at least the past 50 Plus Years.
If you do jump in and do the 2020 Corvette I can't fault you as I know how you are with a Newly Released Performance Car.
But ............
Terry as you said and as you did say you admitted to Cathy it will really not be driven hardly at all just like the last three cars.
Plus you are 74 years old now and if you place the order you will be more than likely be 75 years old when you actually take delivery of it.
Then you get to start all over again with a New-Car-Loan for at least 60-Months.

If you do the Atmos System as you want it done You & Cathy can enjoy it "Together" 7-days a week plus it will be Totally-Paid-For up-front.

Well my AVS gang I obviously Backed-Off on going with the 2020 Corvette as you have already read above and did the sensible thing totally UN-Like me.

I should perhaps mention that my buddy and Cathy's the Big-Red-Boy Rascal also likes to Hang-Out on occasion in the H/T. :)

Here is the Honaker family this Christmas together for a selfie. :D

Cathy, Terry & Rascal the Maine Coon:

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
This is what I didn't post above ..............

The below 2019 Audi RS-3 I special ordered I very-very much was considering trading it in on the New 2020 Mid-Engine Corvette. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Atmos system Won-Out :D as you have read and now you know that to me it was so much less costly than me doing the Corvette that it was simply not all that big a deal, to me.

Glad you decided to keep the Audi and go Atmos!! :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Ditto!

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
Glad you decided to keep the Audi and go Atmos!! :)
Hey guys,

The H/T Atmos did as you read Win :D and I have No-Regrets at all to that Final Decision. :)

I would have loved to have had the new Mid-Engine Corvette but I realize deep-deep inside it would have been sitting in the garage just like all the last several new performance cars and seldom ever drove. :(

Some times as we age our minds say to us one thing but then the Real-World and Total-Reality sets in. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Terry

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
So true!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Terry & Tom's ATMOS Adventure

Background:
I finally found the time to reply to Terry's detailed post about his upcoming Atmos installation. (Post #432 on Page 15.)

I'm the Tom Cochran from San Antonio he refers to in the opening of that post. Indeed, Terry and I have a long and wonderful history together, ever since he sent me that Shell gas card out of the blue, saying "Tom, I want the first tank of gas you put into your new 2008 Bullitt Mustang to be on me."

Over the past 12 years I have been to his house several times and we have attended together many car events, both car shows and dragstrip racing (he always wins!)

With regard to cars both Terry and I are probably considered financial idiots by most people as we have traded in and out of cars as if they were coins or stamps. Both of us currently own 2019 Audi RS3s, compact sedan hot-rods that have the performance of supercars just five years ago. Although we may be idiots we do know how to have FUN!

I had to laugh when Terry called me to say he was considering trading the Audi RS3 for a 2020 mid-engine Corvette. There is a high likelihood that I said something like, "Are you a raving lunatic!" Even though I understand Terry's desire to have the latest and greatest and sometimes the most expensive item this idea blew my mind. Fortunately he came to his senses after talking with Cathy, his wife, and decided to go Atmos instead.

Lifetime Love of Home Theater:
Now, getting back to the discussion of home theater: Once Terry and I discovered we both have a virtual lifetime love of all things related to audio/visual our telephone conversations became marathons of detailed sharing.

My introduction to beautiful sound began over 60 years ago when my dad bought a Fisher President console in the mid-1950s. That roughly 200-pound monster had a Garrard stereo turntable, a reel-to-reel stereo tape deck, a tuner, big speakers, and a massive tube amplifier. It produced music which was heavenly for the time. (See attached Photo)

Through the years we have seen and owned just about every technological advance that came along, going from 78-rpm records, 33-1/3 stereo, CDs, lived through the VHS/Betamax war, quadraphonic, laser discs, up to all the latest tech including 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, Blu-Rays, and now streaming and Atmos.

Atmos Background:
My introduction to Atmos was about 5 years ago when my brother and I listened to a demo at Bjorn's, San Antonio's best high-end A/V store. Over the past 20 years we have both bought all our A/V gear from Bjorn's, a fantastic business with a great selection of all things home theater and a well-trained sales and service staff. (See attached Photo)

The demo was in their very expensive Ultimate Home Theater room and included B&W in-ceiling speakers. At that time there was precious little Atmos material available but I still remember the two movies used: "Gravity" and "American Sniper." I liked what Atmos did with the sound on Atmos material. (See attached Photo)

But, when we demoed the upmixing of non-Atmos material neither my brother nor I were happy with what we heard. With so little Atmos available it seemed a waste of money to install it at the time. Also, it was the early days so we didn't know if Atmos for the home would be around in the future or if it would just disappear like so many past technologies.

Fast forward a few years and it became clear that Atmos was here to stay and a lot more material was available. Bjorn's hosted a night for customers to hear all of the speakers and systems from the company SVS. It was a terrific night with great demos including a big room setup for Atmos using the SVS Prime Elevation speakers on the ceiling. I was very positively impressed with the demo and pleasantly surprised to hear that the relatively small and inexpensive SVS speakers could fill the room with good sound.

In 2018 I decided to upgrade most of my Home Theater components and go ahead with the installation of Atmos. (I will discuss my Atmos system further down.)

Terry's Atmos Project:
I have been in Terry's Home Theater several times over the years, but not since he did the upgrades with the JVC Laser Projector and other items. Believe me folks, it is a fabulous experience to see and hear in person. I bowed down in respect. (See attached Photo)

The quality of the sound and video was terrific. We watched many movies and listened to some music Blu-Rays including the brilliantly done "Black & White Night" with Roy Orbison. The place was truly rocking and rolling (remember he has 4 big subwoofers.)

I am excited that Terry is now going to have Atmos installed as I am convinced it will be a worthwhile addition to his HT enjoyment. Since I have now had Atmos for about 18 months I have been able to share with Terry the difference it has made. The best way to enjoy Atmos is, of course, with hard discs. Streaming with Atmos is also pretty good. Upmixing of non-Atmos material is still behind the curve but has improved over time and does still add to making the sound envelope bigger.

On many occasions I have taken a 4K Atmos disc to my brother's house to listen on his excellent, but non-Atmos, system. When I get back home I will then listen to a few scenes on my system and there is no doubt that Atmos adds a lot: The sound envelope is bigger, the placement of sound within that envelope is more realistic, and for a reason I don't understand it has added to the quality of my bass.

I have been sharing my experiences with Terry ever since I had it installed. He well remembers when my brother came over to my house and listened to my new system. He told Terry something like, "Wow, Terry, the sound is phenomenal."

Terry has decided to go all out with Atmos, much as he does with other projects. When looking at the details of his project I can only think it is going to be the Ultimate, Best-in-the-World type of system. Those custom-built Triad speakers (6 of them) should be KILLER! I am really looking forward to hearing what he thinks after the install and he slaps the Dolby Atmos Demo Disc into his player. Is he being a "Lunatic" with regard to costs? Perhaps, but this world is a better place for having some eccentric lunatics in it as far as I am concerned.

My Atmos System:
When I decided to do Atmos I really did not want to spend a lot of money as I was already digging deep to buy a new television, receiver, speakers, and an amplifier to drive my bi-amped B&W left and right speakers plus the Center channel. The Denon AVR amplifiers drive the four surround and four Atmos speakers.

So, having heard the SVS Prime Elevation speakers I went with 4 of them at $250 each in white. (See attached Photo) Installation and speaker cables added about $1000. (See attached Photo)

Summary:
I am very happy with the improvement a comparatively budget Atmos addition has made to my home theater. It shows, I believe, that one can have a good Atmos system for a small expenditure: About $2000 if one alaready has a processor or AVR which can handle the additional channels and if one doesn't need another amplifier to drive them.

At the other end of the spectrum is what Terry has decided to do. Terry has the budget to go all out to match his other top-of-the-line components. Also, his room is bigger than mine. And let's not forget the joy of owning the best that there is.

I completely understand this and applaud Terry for doing what most of us can only dream of. It will be a real pleasure to listen to what Terry has to say. And I am hoping that I will be able to go visit him again and see his new JVC Laser Projector and hear the new Triad system.

Congratulations Terry for the superb Atmos project you have put together and for the very detailed description of what is coming.

Cheers,
Old Tom, your San Antonio buddy.

P.S. I have added details of my Home Theater to my signature.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #456 (Edited)
Clarify verbiage ...

Background:
I finally found the time to reply to Terry's detailed post about his upcoming Atmos installation. (Post #432 on Page 15.)

I'm the Tom Cochran from San Antonio he refers to in the opening of that post. Indeed, Terry and I have a long and wonderful history together, ever since he sent me that Shell gas card out of the blue, saying "Tom, I want the first tank of gas you put into your new 2008 Bullitt Mustang to be on me."

Over the past 12 years I have been to his house several times and we have attended together many car events, both car shows and dragstrip racing (he always wins!)

With regard to cars both Terry and I are probably considered financial idiots by most people as we have traded in and out of cars as if they were coins or stamps. Both of us currently own 2019 Audi RS3s, compact sedan hot-rods that have the performance of supercars just five years ago. Although we may be idiots we do know how to have FUN!

I had to laugh when Terry called me to say he was considering trading the Audi RS3 for a 2020 mid-engine Corvette. There is a high likelihood that I said something like, "Are you a raving lunatic!" Even though I understand Terry's desire to have the latest and greatest and sometimes the most expensive item this idea blew my mind. Fortunately he came to his senses after talking with Cathy, his wife, and decided to go Atmos instead.

Lifetime Love of Home Theater:
Now, getting back to the discussion of home theater: Once Terry and I discovered we both have a virtual lifetime love of all things related to audio/visual our telephone conversations became marathons of detailed sharing.

My introduction to beautiful sound began over 60 years ago when my dad bought a Fisher President console in the mid-1950s. That roughly 200-pound monster had a Garrard stereo turntable, a reel-to-reel stereo tape deck, a tuner, big speakers, and a massive tube amplifier. It produced music which was heavenly for the time. (See attached Photo)

Through the years we have seen and owned just about every technological advance that came along, going from 78-rpm records, 33-1/3 stereo, CDs, lived through the VHS/Betamax war, quadraphonic, laser discs, up to all the latest tech including 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, Blu-Rays, and now streaming and Atmos.

Atmos Background:
My introduction to Atmos was about 5 years ago when my brother and I listened to a demo at Bjorn's, San Antonio's best high-end A/V store. Over the past 20 years we have both bought all our A/V gear from Bjorn's, a fantastic business with a great selection of all things home theater and a well-trained sales and service staff. (See attached Photo)

The demo was in their very expensive Ultimate Home Theater room and included B&W in-ceiling speakers. At that time there was precious little Atmos material available but I still remember the two movies used: "Gravity" and "American Sniper." I liked what Atmos did with the sound on Atmos material. (See attached Photo)

But, when we demoed the upmixing of non-Atmos material neither my brother nor I were happy with what we heard. With so little Atmos available it seemed a waste of money to install it at the time. Also, it was the early days so we didn't know if Atmos for the home would be around in the future or if it would just disappear like so many past technologies.

Fast forward a few years and it became clear that Atmos was here to stay and a lot more material was available. Bjorn's hosted a night for customers to hear all of the speakers and systems from the company SVS. It was a terrific night with great demos including a big room setup for Atmos using the SVS Prime Elevation speakers on the ceiling. I was very positively impressed with the demo and pleasantly surprised to hear that the relatively small and inexpensive SVS speakers could fill the room with good sound.

In 2018 I decided to upgrade most of my Home Theater components and go ahead with the installation of Atmos. (I will discuss my Atmos system further down.)

Terry's Atmos Project:
I have been in Terry's Home Theater several times over the years, but not since he did the upgrades with the JVC Laser Projector and other items. Believe me folks, it is a fabulous experience to see and hear in person. I bowed down in respect. (See attached Photo)

The quality of the sound and video was terrific. We watched many movies and listened to some music Blu-Rays including the brilliantly done "Black & White Night" with Roy Orbison. The place was truly rocking and rolling (remember he has 4 big subwoofers.)

I am excited that Terry is now going to have Atmos installed as I am convinced it will be a worthwhile addition to his HT enjoyment. Since I have now had Atmos for about 18 months I have been able to share with Terry the difference it has made. The best way to enjoy Atmos is, of course, with hard discs. Streaming with Atmos is also pretty good. Upmixing of non-Atmos material is still behind the curve but has improved over time and does still add to making the sound envelope bigger.

On many occasions I have taken a 4K Atmos disc to my brother's house to listen on his excellent, but non-Atmos, system. When I get back home I will then listen to a few scenes on my system and there is no doubt that Atmos adds a lot: The sound envelope is bigger, the placement of sound within that envelope is more realistic, and for a reason I don't understand it has added to the quality of my bass.

I have been sharing my experiences with Terry ever since I had it installed. He well remembers when my brother came over to my house and listened to my new system. He told Terry something like, "Wow, Terry, the sound is phenomenal."

Terry has decided to go all out with Atmos, much as he does with other projects. When looking at the details of his project I can only think it is going to be the Ultimate, Best-in-the-World type of system. Those custom-built Triad speakers (6 of them) should be KILLER! I am really looking forward to hearing what he thinks after the install and he slaps the Dolby Atmos Demo Disc into his player. Is he being a "Lunatic" with regard to costs? Perhaps, but this world is a better place for having some eccentric lunatics in it as far as I am concerned.

My Atmos System:
When I decided to do Atmos I really did not want to spend a lot of money as I was already digging deep to buy a new television, receiver, speakers, and an amplifier to drive my bi-amped B&W left and right speakers plus the Center channel. The Denon AVR amplifiers drive the four surround and four Atmos speakers.

So, having heard the SVS Prime Elevation speakers I went with 4 of them at $250 each in white. (See attached Photo) Installation and speaker cables added about $1000. (See attached Photo)

Summary:
I am very happy with the improvement a comparatively budget Atmos addition has made to my home theater. It shows, I believe, that one can have a good Atmos system for a small expenditure: About $2000 if one alaready has a processor or AVR which can handle the additional channels and if one doesn't need another amplifier to drive them.

At the other end of the spectrum is what Terry has decided to do. Terry has the budget to go all out to match his other top-of-the-line components. Also, his room is bigger than mine. And let's not forget the joy of owning the best that there is.

I completely understand this and applaud Terry for doing what most of us can only dream of. It will be a real pleasure to listen to what Terry has to say. And I am hoping that I will be able to go visit him again and see his new JVC Laser Projector and hear the new Triad system.

Congratulations Terry for the superb Atmos project you have put together and for the very detailed description of what is coming.

Cheers,
Old Tom, your San Antonio buddy.

P.S. I have added details of my Home Theater to my signature.
Tom C,

I had really forgotten what your SVS on-ceiling 4-white speakers looked like installed in your Media Entertainment Room.
I likeeeeeee

Well buddy there's not really much I can add to your extensive coverage of our history with one another. :)

I will say we have had probably more than our fair share of cars and certainly H/T products over the years.

We shall see how things go when I can tell Charles at I'm ready for him to order all the Atmos components/gear.

I'm thinking if all goes as Cathy & I think by the middle of March.

Then it will be sometime before all the products arrive including the Custom 6-Custom Repeat Gold Mini Monitor Plus ceiling speakers.

Time will pass quickly though and 1-day Charles and his Technicians will be at my house doing their thing. :D
(In about a week it will be February 2020)

Terry

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #457
Just did some shopping for getting ready for the the Atmos ...

Greetings,

Well I have put up with the Halogen work-lights I have for years now.
They do produce a lot of light but ...........
They also as many of us know tons and tons of HEAT ...

So I went to the local Home Depot which is like maybe 3-4 miles from where I'm sitting on this computer at home.
And I found exactly what I was looking for.

Trade-Name ... HUSKY 10,000 LUMEN LED work-lights.
They extend to a little over 6 feet or exactly 76-inches.
When I say they produce an abundance of light believe me that's an understatement guys.
And No-More-Heat !!!

So, why all of a sudden did I make this move ???
Atmos install is coming here soon.

1st thing that's happening is is coming next week to check and mark the ceiling.

They will be making sure exactly where the 6 in-ceiling Atmos speakers will go.

I'll take some pictures and post them on here for you guys once they do their thing.

Also, I'm going to try/attempt to see if I can get Charles (Owner) to let Jason (Lead-Tech) do the install of my recently purchased ROKU Ultra. ;)
Charles might let Jason do that if time is not an issue since I already have the ROKU Ultra previous model now that Jason installed.
I'm thinking it will be a fast install as all he has to do is UN-Plug one and plug the new model in and go through the Set-Up.

Stay-Tuned there is more coming soon guys,
Terry

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Cool!

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Greetings,

Stay-Tuned there is more coming soon guys,
Terry
I got a Roku Ultra a few months ago and it was very easy to install. I use it in my theater and I like it a lot better then my Fire Cube in my Living room. I have Google Mini in my theater and can some functions by giving it commands like got Roku or YouTube TV.

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #460
I got a Roku Ultra a few months ago and it was very easy to install. I use it in my theater and I like it a lot better then my Fire Cube in my Living room. I have Google Mini in my theater and can some functions by giving it commands like got Roku or YouTube TV.
Ladeback,

I do all my streaming from my current ROKU I got last year.

Then I saw this Newer 2019 ROKU Ultra and decided to acquire it and replace the one I'm using.

The guys will be here next week to Check & Mark the ceiling for the 6 in-ceiling Triad Atmos speakers.
They and of course me want to make sure they can be installed where they actually should go.
And especially for the cost of the Triad speakers.
Last thing a person wants is to have "Custom" speakers built and purchased and then when the team shows-up to do the install they can't go where they are suppose to. :mad: :( :mad:

I could use both my Dish and Panasonic UB9000 for streaming but I don't.
I use every component for it's major function only.

So the ROKU Ultra to me is an excellent device and works great for that, streaming !!!

Terry

441 - 460 of 893 Posts