AVS Forum banner

601 - 620 of 735 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Having gone from a Firehawk to a StudioTek 130 myself, that will be a good upgrade picture wise. Throw in the audio stuff and it's " Happy Birthday Terry " !

Then he hit a grand slam: 3D audio; much better LFE response and a much better image. Heck of a deal !!

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #602
Can't comment on the improvement the new screen will provide but adding those 6 Atmos speakers, as well as the new subs will literally be night and day from what you have now. Not even close. Either of those would be huge improvements but both together will be amazing. You will never get the smile off your face.
Having gone from a Firehawk to a StudioTek 130 myself, that will be a good upgrade picture wise. Throw in the audio stuff and it's " Happy Birthday Terry " !
Then he hit a grand slam: 3D audio; much better LFE response and a much better image. Heck of a deal !!

Chuck,

And

Craig,

Well guys I know that I am definitely looking forward to June which is just weeks away now this being May 15th. :)

As I have posted none of this would be taking place if it was not for my wife (Cathy).

Thank goodness that she also enjoys the H/T.
We are in it once she stops working together so she is also looking forward to these new changes for sure.

Terry

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #603
Guys,

Best Buy Pre-Ordered 4K Atmos disc just arrived.

I'm looking forward to Seeing & Hearing all the new 4K Atmos disc I now have and a few still coming in that were Pre-Ordered.

Terry

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #604
Guys,

Best Buy Pre-Ordered 4K Atmos disc just arrived.

UPS just ran for today and another one has just arrived.

Fun times are just around the corner ...............

Terry

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
War Of The Worlds will DEFINITELY test those new subs of yours!

Reactions: tigerhonaker

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm so looking forward to Seeing & Hearing many-many of the New 4K Disc I now have. :)

Maybe by the end of June or if not certainly July !!!

Terry
Received that UHD today too!In between watching it now for a reference point or waiting till I have new subs and or room done. If your holding out so will I.:)

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #608
Received that UHD today too!In between watching it now for a reference point or waiting till I have new subs and or room done. If your holding out so will I.:)
If all goes as it's suppose to .................

June hopefully All the New Changes/Up-Grades will be installed.

Then, I hope to get Chad B. out of Ohio to come do the Custom Calibrating by the End-of-June.
I have reached out to Chad but have NOT heard back from him with a Confirmed-Date. :( :( :(

If I can get everything completed that's when I want to Start watching and hearing the New 4K disc. :D :) :D

Terry

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #609 (Edited)
Well I now have a Confirmed install week for "Wolf-Hill-Technologies" .....

Up-Date,

Guys just heard from Charles so now I hope I can get a confirmed date from brother Chad B.

Charles Dyck ([email protected])

Hi Terry,

I trust you are doing well today.

I have attached a couple of pictures for you of the packing list and the
Tube the screen is in.

Regarding the schedule for the installation of the upgrades, we need to look
at a window of time and narrow that as we get closer,
so let's say that it will be sometime in the week of June 8-12.

Thanks - Stay Safe my friend!

Charles Dyck
Wolf Hill Technologies Inc
615-626-1808
www.wolfhilltechnologies.com

Looks like my Stack of gear is increasing guys. LOL !!!

I have now reached-out to Chad B so hoping he will get back to me with a Confirmed date/dates to come after the week of June 8-12.

Terry

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #610 (Edited)
Both the "Install" dates and the "Audio/Video" Custom Calibration Dates are ... Set !

Up-Date,

5/26/2020 Tuesday

Guys I have been in constant contact with Chad B out of Ohio USA.

I am now posting the results of those communications below as well as Charles owner of

Below are the dates from Charles at

Hi Terry,

I trust you are doing well today.

I have attached a couple of pictures for you of the packing list and the
Tube the screen is in.

Regarding the schedule for the installation of the upgrades, we need to look
at a window of time and narrow that as we get closer, so let's say that it
will be sometime in the week of June 8-12.

Thanks - Stay Safe my friend!

Charles Dyck
Wolf Hill Technologies Inc
615-626-1808
www.wolfhilltechnologies.com
For those New to this Thread will be installing all the below plus some other minor things per my request.

OOPS, and these ..............

HDTVbyChadB
TV, audio, and home theater calibration

([email protected])To:you Details
Terry,
Good, we have you confirmed for: Tuesday, June 16th at 10 AM
Thanks,
Darrell B.
HDTVbyChadB.com
937-570-3361 (scheduling) 937-267-6073 (technical)
Per my discussions with Chad below is exactly what he will be doing for me.
I have used Chad in the past so it's possible that the below listed Retail-Cost might not necessarily apply to me.
(The actual Fees will all be 100% left up to Chad)

Television and projector calibration

http://www.hdtvbychadb.com/video.html

ISF Calibration (front projector) $500

Front projector tips:

(1) have total light control- any light spilling around blinds or coming through curtains will reduce contrast

(2) paint the walls and ceiling flat black or at least a flat, dark color- bright surfaces in the room will reflect light from the projected image itself back at the screen and greatly reduce contrast

(3) don't go too big for your projector- keep in mind most size recommendations are based off optimistic light output specs, and as screen size gets bigger and the lamp ages, light output goes down significantly

Audio
Treat your ears

http://www.hdtvbychadb.com/audio.html

Below is what Chad told me I needed for my Marantz AV8805 Pre-Amp Processor.

Advanced Audio calibration $450

For most systems including Dirac, ARC Genesis, MCACC, YAPO, Audyssey, Mini DSP, and others,
the Advanced Audio calibration utilizes the equalization and bass management capabilities included in most late model receivers or processors to give a startling improvement over non tweaked, automatic routines. REW, along with a microphone individually calibrated by Cross Spectrum Labs, is used to measure and analyze each speaker. Multiple listener locations can be spatially averaged. The system will be equalized to a "house curve", with a specific high frequency rolloff and slightly elevated bass; and this can be modified to suit individual preferences.

(1) Optimize and check system wiring, source settings and speaker placement

(2) Optimize bass management, delay times, phase and other controls on your receiver or processor and subwoofer(s)

(3) Measure spatially averaged (multi-point) frequency response of each speaker, including sub (s) and surrounds, and manually adjust any equalization capabilities in the receiver, pre/pro, or any add on equalizers

Now all that is going to have to take place for the above to happen is ............... time. :D :) :D

Terry

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Terry,

Congratulations buddy, it is all now coming together to give you a MUCH better Home Theater experience.

I believe you will be ecstatic with the improvements in your audio with the addition of Atmos and those four modern subwoofers.

I'm glad to read that Chad B. can do his thing so soon after the install.
I think he will have some professional fun tuning your ultra high-end Atmos and those four monster SVS subwoofers.

Let the good times roll...

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
That looks like it will be EPIC!!!!

I need to get ChadB to my room too sometime, but I need to finish my VBSS builds first.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #615
As I noted previously, new screen, new subs and 3D audio = new (and MUCH improved) theater. Congrats! You will LOVE it !!
Chuck,

My (opinion) is I agree with you ^^^
I really do think the H/T will be taken to a New-Level.
This time around I'm going to be very interested to see the difference with the New Stewart Filmscreen ST 130 G4 material.
I think I will see a Noticeable-Obvious-Improvement especially after Chad Refines All the Video-Calibrations.

The Audio will be simply Breath-Taking IMHO ...

Hi Terry,

Congratulations buddy, it is all now coming together to give you a MUCH better Home Theater experience.

I believe you will be ecstatic with the improvements in your audio with the addition of Atmos and those four modern subwoofers.

I'm glad to read that Chad B. can do his thing so soon after the install.
I think he will have some professional fun tuning your ultra high-end Atmos and those four monster SVS subwoofers.

Let the good times roll...

Cheers,
Tom
Hi Tom,

As I said to Chuck above ^^^ things are going to be so Kick-Ass once this is all completed buddy.

Your system is going to rock Terry ! You should be set for quite a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Craig,

I 100% agree with you that I will be all set after this takes place.
The one thing I am going to be wondering about with regards to the Video ???
I'm actually hoping that with me currently having the Stewart Filmscreen "Firehawk" material which as you know has the Gray-Coating.
(You also had the exact same "Firehawk" material)
And the replacement ST 130 G4 NOT having any Gray-Coating and designed for Improving 4K & HDR content.
I'm hoping that in my situation with the 123" 16x9 screen in a Pitch-Black H/T that the G4 material will add additional Brightness.
As well as increased Contrast and certainly much more Defined images I won't have any need for any External-Video-Processor.

I don't think I am as Picky as some of the AVS Members sitting right on top of their screens and doing Stop-Motion, Frame to Frame to see if they can possibly see Any-Flaw at all ???

That looks like it will be EPIC!!!!

I need to get ChadB to my room too sometime, but I need to finish my VBSS builds first.
Just as a Heads-Up on Chad B.
I highly suggest you get with his Dad (Darrell) and get on the List for him coming to you.

[email protected],

I can tell you from personal experience as well as other AVS members he stays booked for months and months.

Don't procrastinate !!!

Terry

·
Registered
18,136 Posts
Craig,

I 100% agree with you that I will be all set after this takes place.
The one thing I am going to be wondering about with regards to the Video ???
I'm actually hoping that with me currently having the Stewart Filmscreen "Firehawk" material which as you know has the Gray-Coating.
(You also had the exact same "Firehawk" material)
And the replacement ST 130 G4 NOT having any Gray-Coating and designed for Improving 4K & HDR content.
I'm hoping that in my situation with the 123" 16x9 screen in a Pitch-Black H/T that the G4 material will add additional Brightness.
As well as increased Contrast and certainly much more Defined images I won't have any need for any External-Video-Processor.

I don't think I am as Picky as some of the AVS Members sitting right on top of their screens and doing Stop-Motion, Frame to Frame to see if they can possibly see Any-Flaw at all ???

Just as a Heads-Up on Chad B.
I highly suggest you get with his Dad (Darrell) and get on the List for him coming to you.

[email protected],

I can tell you from personal experience as well as other AVS members he stays booked for months and months.

Don't procrastinate !!!

Terry
I'd bet that you will be able to use low laser for 1080p and mid laser for 4K UHD and not even need to use high laser with the new screen !

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
@tigerhonaker your home cinema room is the thing of dreams, the cost not so much :eek: but I suppose perfection doesn’t come cheap and if you’ve earned it then why not spend it.

P.S. Like your choice in cars, someone in the seventies still digging RS cars. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #618
@tigerhonaker your home cinema room is the thing of dreams,
the cost not so much :eek:

but I suppose perfection doesn’t come cheap and if you’ve earned it then why not spend it.

P.S. Like your choice in cars, someone in the seventies still digging RS cars. :cool:
Luminated67,

As you said above ^^^ if I or anyone has worked and earned their monies ???
And like Cathy (Wife) and I with No-Children.
Then what sense would or does it make to sit on our monies ???
I am into two (2) Main things and have been for plus 40 years or so.

(1) As i have aged the Custom-Home-Theater has passed my love for Fast cars.

(2) Fast cars and or Vehicles .

Speaking of cars like the current Audi RS-3 in Tango-Red-Metallic.
It is a truly Awesome, Bad-Ass Machine and I'm not just talking or saying that as an opinion it's a fact.

·
Registered
18,136 Posts
@tigerhonaker your home cinema room is the thing of dreams, the cost not so much :eek: but I suppose perfection doesn’t come cheap and if you’ve earned it then why not spend it.

It's expensive to try and acquire " perfection " in home theater and wine collecting. And a whole lot of other things ( bicycles too ).

Terry - you must be on pins and needles waiting for this install!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Luminated67,

As you said above ^^^ if I or anyone has worked and earned their monies ???
And like Cathy (Wife) and I with No-Children.
Then what sense would or does it make to sit on our monies ???
I am into two (2) Main things and have been for plus 40 years or so.

(1) As i have aged the Custom-Home-Theater has passed my love for Fast cars.

(2) Fast cars and or Vehicles .

Speaking of cars like the current Audi RS-3 in Tango-Red-Metallic.
It is a truly Awesome, Bad-Ass Machine and I'm not just talking or saying that as an opinion it's a fact.

Well the wife says you are WAY COOLER than me because I drive a BMW 740d M/sport. 😂

601 - 620 of 735 Posts