AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my eye on the Samsung PN50B850 and currently saving my pennies to buy it cash but was wondering about mounts as it will go over my fireplace and replace my current 46" crt rptv. According to all the helpful info on here, I`ve learned that plasmas don't suffer from the same off angle viewing as lcds so I was wondering if it would still be beneficial to get a tilt mount vs a slim flat mount?

The flat mount would keep the tv closer to the wall and allow the mantle below to deflect most if not all the heat to the set but at the same time I don't want to compromise viewing enjoyment by having it flat.

And yes I know the issues and concerns about tv's over fireplaces so lets keep that out of the discussion thanks

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
If it were me, I would still get a tilt mount so that I was looking as close to staight at the panel as it just looks better that way and reflections can also be minimized with tilting it. There are tilt mounts that are still pretty low profile, like 1.5 inches and tilting it down would ensure that the bottom of the TV was close to the wall so it would be even better protected by the mantle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts