AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since our plan was to put the tv over the fireplace, I suspected that we might have to tilt it. Put a few books behind it, and it greatly improved the picture while sitting on the couch; it isn't in any danger of falling over, unless an earthquake occurs ...

The picture quality did not seem affected by tilting it, however you can see the shadow of a cable in the corner!! My wife is insistent that I don't open it up to fix this in case it'll void the warranty.

I know at least one other person was planning on tilting their tv, has anyone else seen this shadow?

So, we got the PB tv yesterday, and were able to get the cable guy over today to install the HDTV box! Now we can get HBO in HDTV! The box is cool in that it accepts SVideo or Video inputs for SD channels, and sends them out the Component outputs. So, the tv signal into the tv is only using the Component inputs.

And he said the other HDTV channels will be coming on Jan 1st!!!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
poppa,

Hasn't it been reported here that the manual states that you are not supposed to tilt the TV because of something with the optics?

-ftlee

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm also going to mount it over a fireplace and was concerned about the PQ from the raised height. I had also read somewhere about not being able to tilt the set which concnerned me. So I asked Steve from Samsung about it and he responded that it could be upside down and wouldn't make any difference, he then emailed me back correcting himself after he spoke to engineering and told me that anything up to a 12 degree angle was acceptable.

So tilting the screen down towards the viewing area helped the PQ? I can't wait for the friggin inlaws to leave Friday so I can set this thing up......I've been waiting for three months for this thing to show up and it gets here 2 hours before guests start showing up :-( It's sitting right here behind me in the box right now.........I don't want to open it because it will get pawed over by everyone. Once everybody leaves and I'm finally alone I can crack it open and start to play.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ftlee
poppa,

Hasn't it been reported here that the manual states that you are not supposed to tilt the TV because of something with the optics?

-ftlee
I finally found what you were referring to in the Appendix, under the Care and Maintenance section:

it says "Do not place the TV on a rough and slanted surface, such as cloth or paper. (The screen top might be cut off or the screen center might be tilted.)"

The rear of the tv is up a couple of inches. Haven't noticed any problems, other than that shadow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.