AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I wanted to get some recommendations for a mount for my Pioneer 151 that I'm going to be purchasing in the next couple of weeks. I need a really low profile tilting mount. Preferably one that you can adjust the tilt angle by yourself and that won't drop the angle sharply when you loosen the screws. I was looking at Sanus models as well as some from Omnimount. Btw. I'm going to be mounting on a brick fireplace if that makes a difference. I'd really appreciate any help.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have my PDP-6010 mounted with a Sanus VMPL3. Looks like that model also works with the PRO-151. This mount is definitely "well balanced". When I loosen the "locking knobs", the angle of the 6010 stays put; you can then adjust the angle with a single finger. It then stays put until you lock it down again.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't find that mount on their website. They do have the VMPL2-low Profile. That has a fixed tilt at -5 degrees that might just be enough for me and it's only 1.25" from the wall.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I think I've narrowed down my choice to the Omnimount ULPT-L. It's a tilt mount that's only 1.5" away from the wall. Anybody have any experience with this mount? Is the tilting mechanism easy to use, smooth? Maybe there are some comparable models that are better? Thx

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would be interested as well. I just bought the OmniMount ULPT - M for a 40" Samsung. The 1.5" low profile got me (basically the wife). I plan to install this weekend.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rmon11, I actually got the ULPT-L at first until the installers came and realized that it doesn't fit on a Pio 151. So I got the ULPT-X at the end. It's a nice mount, very low profile at 1.5" from the wall to back of TV. When you tilt the TV though it does make the TV seem not as flush with the wall. Plus, with the HDMI cables hitting the wall on the bottom you're limited to how much you can tilt the tv down. I have no idea why Pioneer didn't make the HDMI connections vertical instead of horizontal like last year's models. I think it's still a 2 person job to tilt a TV of this size but on a 40" maybe 1 person could handle it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts