AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 5.1 speaker set-up that includes Infinity Cresendo CS 3007's front, Infinity CS center, and Infinity RS2002 surrounds. I recently purchased the Pioneer 1014 7.1 receiver (love it) so I am needing to add another pair or two of surround speakers. I would then move my current surrounds to my son's room. I have heard staying with the same brand is best for timbre matching. I am considering the the Infinity Beta ES250's for side surrounds. This run about $700 a pair and I am unsure if this is the best option.

I want to match my front speaker's which are about 6 or 7 years old I think. Will using the same brand even if the speakers are this old still insure matching? The Cresendos I have have a different tweeter than the new Infinitys. The Cresendos have the EMIT tweeters. Do companies maintain their same "sound" over years? If they don't then am I just as likely to match just as well with other brands?

Does anyone have any knowledge of which current brands would match up well with the Cresendo's? It seems that many people will be facing this situation of going from their current 5 speaker set-up to 7 speakers with the newer receivers. It would be great to have a resource that would give options on which brands match up well with others and which do not. Does anyone know of any such resource?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Barry

· Registered
39 Posts
Well unfortunatly infinity doesnt have the high standard as in the old days. No tweeter that infinity today makes will match the EMIT. You could try Piega or some small Martin Logan center to match that. Thats hard ;-)

· Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Magnepan
Well unfortunatly infinity doesnt have the high standard as in the old days. No tweeter that infinity today makes will match the EMIT. You could try Piega or some small Martin Logan center to match that. Thats hard ;-)
Thanks. Do you have any model #'s or web site's that either of these are available? I would sure like some more options.

Thanks,

Barry

· Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did some searching and both Piega and Martin Logan are a little out of the price range I was looking to spend and I did not see any bipole designs. I am looking for something Both Piega and Martin Logan are a little out of the price range I was looking to spend and I did not see any bipole designs. I am looking for something in the in the $400 to $700 a pair range that is a bipole/dipole design.

Thanks,

Barry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.