AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have called Apple with no joy...

I am trying to get a single box, if possible, that allows a wireless connection for streaming itunes content, at least, to an AVR and a wireless connection for 2 or possibly 3 other devices that are ethernet, but not wireless ready. My Time Capsule signal strength is fine in the wireless location, but I cannot hardwire anything to that site. I was hoping Airport extreme would allow more than one ethernet device , but Apple said no go. With a new Apple TV, enabling 1080p, I wanted to be sure there was no limitation with the device I ultimately use.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you very much

Fury

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
Fury, could you be more specific about what you're trying to do--tell us each of the devices and lay it out exactly, which Macs, where they are, what content you want to stream, what you have already (an Extreme basestation, a TC?) which non-Apple devices you have and where your iTunes library is. I read your post again and I'm still not sure what you're trying to set up.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chef,

OK. I have an Imac, with a repository of itunes content-mp3-wave files and music videos, as well as photos, connected wirelessly to a Time capsule.

I am tring to connect an Arcam AVR600, Samsung BR-(Netflix) and Panny and PS3=with Photos also-all of which have ethernet ports-PS# OK wirelessly, of course, and Radio Ra with a Crestron AV2 controller and gateway and a Yamaha keyboard, in one room and YTBD AVR-probably Denon, Marantz or another arcam and BR-Netflix player in another room.

The problem id that I cannot hard wire anything

Thankm you very much

Fury

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hi neighbor. I'm in Nellie Gail. You may be able to use this:
http://www.netgear.com/Products/Powe...s/HDXB111.aspx

It can turn two power outlets into a wired ethernet connection. I say "can", because depending on how your house is wired electrically, it may or may not work well. It works flawlessly connecting my slingbox in my bedroom to my office computer (and thus to the internet), but it doesn't work so great connecting my bedroom to my barn -- I guess they are wired on different circuits or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.