AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the time change bug that bit us last spring has been fixed? It's about that time again, and it would be nice if UTV was smart enough to adjust the start and end times for recording instructions in My Shows appropriately. It's a pain to have a plethora of one time recordings being generated because things got out of wack.

OAW

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by OAW
Anyone know if the time change bug that bit us last spring has been fixed? It's about that time again, and it would be nice if UTV was smart enough to adjust the start and end times for recording instructions in My Shows appropriately. It's a pain to have a plethora of one time recordings being generated because things got out of wack.

OAW
What was the nature of the original bug? I just got a UTV and was used it this weekend to record an NFL game. Because the guide listed the game with a ridiculously wide length (4-10pm), I set it up using custom scheduling, for 4-7pm. However, the system recognized the setting for the game, and CHANGED the time from 3-6pm. When I checked the time in My Shows, it showed as 3-6pm, and indeed began recording at 6pm. Once it began, I was worried about missing the last hour, so I set another custom schedule for 6-7pm. This was CHANGED on My Shows to 5-6pm.

This was very frustrating, to say the least. I didn't know if this had to do with Daylight Savings Time, Time Zone (I live in EST and the game was in CST), or is a bug. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back in the spring, I experienced a boatload of one time recordings being generated automatically because the Record Each Time settings didn't match the guide after the time switch. I'm not sure if the problem was with UTV or with the guide info not being updated. Regardless, no recordings were missed ... it was just an annoyance to clean up My Shows.

I did notice that the recent time change went by without a hitch for my UTV. No unexpected behavior ... no missed recordings. As far as I'm concerned this problem is history.

OAW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.