Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

I recently purchased a Panasonic Showstopper PV-HS2000. It's worked great except for one freeze which required temporary removal of power to fix.

However, in the Replay Channel Guide screen, the time remaining stays at 28h 32m available despite new and deleted shows. Any suggestions?

I tried changing the default recording mode thinking it might recalculate the time, but that made no difference.

My other problem is finding time to watch all the great TV I'm recording with the new season and the convenience of Replay.

I do have a wish list of features for a future unit, and not an even more expensive networked model like were just released. This list includes:

- being able to record new episodes only versus repeats

- a second or perhaps modular additional tuners so I can record Roswell, Smallville and 24 all on my Replay simultaneously or watch a Braves game while recording a show

- automatic padding for anticipated sports, news, or other delays

- the ability to set up show based recording based on a start date and time before the actual listings are available so I don't forget.

Jim

·
Registered
99 Posts
what I would try is to adjust a "replay channel" and the "guaranteed" recording to "non-guaranteed".....after doing this a couple times, if it Really doesn't change. Pick a RANDOM Movie (or a really long show) and just push record in the channel guide.

If neither makes a change, I don't know what to tell you.

but if they DO help, the reason the time hasn't changed is because when you delete a show in a channel (such as every recording of ER, etc) you just delete the show and not the guaranteed space that is being reserved to record as many shows as you have told it to record (ie: if you seleted keep 2 episodes of "friends", the unit reserves an hour, even if you delete one after watching it.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zyph,

Thanks! You're a genius! :)

I didn't realize that the time wasn't changing since I hadn't actually changed what was in my list to record regularly. I was assuming it was based on what was actually being stored at the time.

By the way, I sent an e-mail about this to Panasonic two days before I posted this message and this forum solved my problem first. Thanks again!

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.