Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

I've been reading the HDTV forums for a few months and have become a bit concerend at how easy it is to record HDTV shows.

If I want to time shift network shows, what hardware is the easiest to use?

Is it possible to record HDTV shows so that I can time shift them as easily as it is to record 'regular' TV shows with my VCR? My wife is the one who does most of the time shifting around here and will never buy into the idea if it is a lot harder than using a VCR.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The HD Tivo will be out in the next couple months. You simply can't beat Tivo's functionality, interface, elegance or WAF ;)

Brian

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
The new OTA/cable HDTV recorder from LG is coming out next week its the first major HD PVR that operates like a VCR with a 120GB hard drive for $999.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thumper -

I think this STB is one of the options that confuses me, but I might be wrong. Didn't I read that it uses the channel's time to determine when to record and I thought I'd also read that all of the channels have different times, so that it becomes a real mess when you try to record back to back shows on different channels?

Maybe that discussion was in regards to using the STB with a D-VHS machine. This is the STB ia want, but too bad it is coming out after the super bowl. THere is always next year, though.

Stickyfingers - Is Tivo really coming put with that in the next couple of months? Cool.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
No the new LG HD PVR model doesn't use the channel's time information - it has its own clock or gets the time from a separate channel TV guide. The Tivo-HD device has been promised several times over the past year or more, its been pushed back every time the new deadline has been reached - so I'd advise you not to hold your breath for that one! In 6months, it still might be "coming out" in the next couple of months.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Thumper...I'll bet you an HD Tivo it's out by the end of April..? ;)

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.